Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Review ~ The Best Yes by Lisa Terkeurst

TITLE: The Best Yes  
AUTHOR: Lisa Terkeurst
COPYRIGHT: 2014
TYPE: christian self help
Audio - 7 hours
SERIES:  
no
REASON FOR READ:
Love the thought about it. Learning how to make wise decisions in the midst of endless demands seemed like a great read at the time.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul?
Lysa TerKeurst is learning that there is a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. In "The Best Yes "she will help you: Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love. Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no. Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom based decision-making process. Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your best yes today. 

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This audio book surprised me with information. It was and is a Christian book so please keep that in mind before picking it up. If you are opposed to hearing how to make a decision based on prayer or the Bible than no this is no the book for you. However, if like me, you are not opposed to that than this wasn't a bad book. I enjoyed her stories of real life applications. The woman who read the book was believable and had an easy going voice that wasn't rushed or harsh. I felt as if this audio book was a good match for me. I learned how to say no with love and how not to put off decisions. I enjoyed the book enough that I have recommended it to my mother and a few of my friends. I have to say that I wish that I had bought a copy now instead of checking it out from the library I have enjoyed it that much. I am at next pay period going to buy the actual book to digest it a little slower than pushing through an audio like I tend to. As with any self-help book there were parts that felt that were repeated over and over and I felt as if that maybe they could have taken it out. I didn't need the summary and the book could have been shorter. I also don't appreciate the chapters being read to me and it is jarring to me when that happens. I have to say that I with audio books I think I do better with fiction books opposed to self help books because I found that I kept wanting to repeat and listen to parts over and over an then I wanted to take notes but since I was driving that was hard to do. 

FINAL GRADE: A
Would you recommend this story? Yes I think this was biblical sound book that did help me come to some decisions and helped me to recognize where I need additional help in certain areas of my life. 
Is this a part of a reading challenge?
Out Do Yourself Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄