Monday, August 23, 2010
Review ~ Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
TITLE: Cry Wolf
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
TYPE: paranormal romance
First full novel but a short story before
1. Short story
2. Cry Wolf
3. Hunting Ground
REASON FOR READ:
Loved the short story with these two so of course I had to read the next one in the series.
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack…and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country will recognize her value as a pack member—and as his mate.
This book takes off right where the short story left and I couldn’t be happier for it. I am glad that we had to see Anna cope with being sent to Montana and it was nice seeing Charles cope with Anna while injured. It made things very interesting.
THINGS I LIKED:
- I loved watching Anna come into her own. She was victimized beyond belief and yet still didn’t bring and has grown in character. Watching her fight for her mate and her life was refreshing. Yet being able to see her weakness and how people make her still coward was also refreshing. She was healed instantly it will still take time for her.
- Anna is a wonderful person and I loved watching her realize how much of a wonderful person she was. I also enjoyed her slow realization of Charles and his love for her.
- Charles is yet another character that I enjoyed watching grow. Anna throws off his whole world and yet he still does everything he can to protect her even injured.
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I think I just didn’t like the witch. Not sure why I mean I understand why she was key in the plot but I just didn’t like her part.
- The fact that Anna still can’t understand that what is Charles is hers and vise versa.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping
Would you recommend this book? I think this series is wonderfully sweet and yet brutal
Things that might have made him question his earlier assessment that as long as he didn’t die he’d be fine. ~ page 258
Reviewing Next:Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs.
Launch Party Schedule: May 1st Monday JeanBookNerd REVIEW May 2nd Tuesday Insane About Books REVIEW May 3rd Wednesda...
***Find this and more yummy goodness here *** ****This meme has been done by NUMEROUS peps it was not nor is my...
Title : The Never List Author : Koethi Zan Copyright : 2014 Type : thriller Pages : 384 Series : no Reason for Reading A frie...