Monday, August 23, 2010
Review ~ Grimspace by Ann Aguirre
AUTHOR: Ann Aguirre
TYPE: Science Fiction/Fantasy
SERIES: Yes first in the series
REASON FOR READ:.
All my friends kept raving about this series and well book 4 comes out in a few weeks so I thought I would give it a go
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
As the carrier of a rare gene, Sirantha Jax has the ability to jump ships through grimspace—a talent which makes her a highly prized navigator for the Corp. Then a crash landing kills everyone on board, leaving Jax in a jail cell with no memory of the crash. But her fun's not over. A group of rogue fighters frees her…for a price: her help in overthrowing the established order
I have to say I am truly disappointed in myself for not picking up this book sooner. This blew my expectations out of the water. I enjoyed Jax I liked how flawed she was, how selfish she was, and how much of a coward she was. But and here's the major kicker that sold me... she GREW as a person and a character. She FREAKING grew and matured in one book PRAISE GOD someone got it right when it comes to flawed characters.
THINGS I LIKED:
- Jax she was flawed and still is but you could see her actually growing throughout the story which was refreshing.
- I liked that March and his crew didn't like Jax they did what they did b/c they had to save people. Not because they liked her and it took her a while to really fit in a lot of her fitting in had to do with her actually maturing.
- I liked learning about the crew and not all at once. The crew was the most enjoyable part
- The worlds Ann created were amazing each one different, each one had different spieces that didn't all talk the same language, they all looked different and had different cultures.
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- There honestly isn't much and that says a lot b/c let's be honest I can find something wrong with most things.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping
Would you recommend this book? Yes I highly recommend this book and I hope that I can recommend the next couple.
Favorite Quotes:I can see why that’d be a particular concern for him, seeing as he can’t fight at al. Not even monster. He’s reliant on me now for his protection. And if that’s not the shitest twist of fate ever, I don’t know what is. ~ page 66
Nodding I fall in behind March not b/c I acknowledge his authority in any fashion but b/c if by some chance we were wrong and there’s something big and ugly left in these wetlands I really prefer it eats him first. Give me a chance to run.
“Nice,” he says, spearing a glance over his shoulder. “Really nice.”
Oh sure, that he hears. ~ page 112
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
TOUR SCHEDULE and LINKS . http://www.jeanbooknerd.com/2018/01/the-queens-of-innis-lear-by-tessa SYNOPSIS A kingdom at risk, a ...
Title: Dead Man's Hand Author: George R.R. Martin Copyright: 2017 Genre: Fantasy Reason for Reading: Um it's Geo...
Synopsis New York Times bestselling author A. J. Hartley returns to his intriguing, 19th-century South African-inspired fanta...