Monday, August 16, 2010
Review ~ The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
TITLE: The Body Finder
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
SERIES: Yes first in the series
REASON FOR READ: The story sounded interesting.
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her “power” to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he’s claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay’s intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she’s falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself
I really enjoyed this book. Usually I can’t stand YA books but this one was not only rich in story the “love” story was awesome. I love the BFF love story line and this one had a totally sweet and honest love story. The mystery was different and I have to say her “Gift” was weird but I still liked the way she handled it and dealt with life.
THINGS I LIKED:
- Violet she was surprisingly a good strong YA character. She is one character that I could relate to if I were younger and one that used good sense. When she didn’t use good sense she admitted it and learned from her mistakes. Considering what she has to deal with (sensing dead people/animals and what not) she is very well rounded.
- Jay he was SUPER sweet as a love interest and even though he had “blossomed” over the summer he still really liked Violet and didn’t change into an ego chasing manic. Not only that be he really, really loved/liked Violet and was sweet about it plus he knew her secret and looked out for added bonus
- I liked the special “gift” she had it was unique and wore her out it was as if she could find a body and poof she was fine but she actually had to do something about them in order to stop the noise.
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I didn’t like the twist at the end but I will let you figure it out. I thought one was enough
- I have to admit I skipped the killers thoughts just b/c I didn’t feel they were needed. That being said I don’t normally read these types of books so that may be typical and just a personal preference.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? It was a library book so I am passing. If the second is as good I might pick up the whole series
Would you recommend this book? Yes I highly recommend this YA book
Challenges:100+ Book Challenge
Romance Reading challenge
Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
TOUR SCHEDULE and LINKS . http://www.jeanbooknerd.com/2018/01/the-queens-of-innis-lear-by-tessa SYNOPSIS A kingdom at risk, a ...
Title: Dead Man's Hand Author: George R.R. Martin Copyright: 2017 Genre: Fantasy Reason for Reading: Um it's Geo...
Synopsis New York Times bestselling author A. J. Hartley returns to his intriguing, 19th-century South African-inspired fanta...