Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday's Movie Review ~ NIghtcrawler


Title: Nightcrawler
Released: 10/2014
Actors:
Jake Gyllenhaal
Rene Russo
Riz Ahmed
Bill Paxton



Summary:
When Louis Bloom, a driven man desperate for work, muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story. Aiding him in his effort is Nina, a TV-news veteran.

Thoughts: 
Okay first off this one got a lot of great reviews and in hindsight that should have been a tip off for me that I wasn't going to like. 9 times out 10 if the critics love it I end up hating it and sadly while I din't hate this one per say it wasn't my favorite. Maybe it was the topic or maybe it was the fact that I just don't do well with drama, but this movie just was too much for me. I though the actors and actress did well in don't get me wrong. Jake played a very convincing creepy guy that hey I bought and well Rene did very well playing a role that I believed. But lands I just did not enjoy this movie. It was like a Gone Girl for me I felt dirty watching it and wanted nothing to do with it. The difference was with Gone Girl there was something there that held my attention and kept me wanting to know what would happen next while with this movie I just got to a point I didn't care enough to want to know what would happen next. I found myself fast forwarding through parts and wishing upon wishing this had been about the Xmen Nightcrawler and not whatever the hell this ended up being about instead. (they psyched me out with the titled not going to lie) needless to say this wasn't a favorite for me.

Final Grade: D
Will I re-watch: Nope
Would I recommend: Not really unless  I hear of someone who loves one of the actors listed above works and hadn't heard of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄