Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites ~ Week #11


Welcome back everyone to week 11 episode 20 (I slipped in 2 random ones this week you're welcome) of My Favorite Things. We have a bunch of things to get through this week so let's get started:

NERD
I seriously for once in my life have nothing... just kidding look kids what I am adding to my ever loving NERD collection this is why I am A) having a garage sale to make more room (see below) and B) getting a bigger home

So first and foremost this week on Tuesday they announced a freaking AGENT CARTER POP FUNK Character so you know that will be going with the Captain America 2 collection. I have all the Captain America's I just need Captain America 2 costume and I need Winter Soldier I want the one without the mask so I am waiting patiently (I buy one a paycheck lord save me but I am trying to be good) So the three following I am getting)


.
Then I found out that they had a freaking FIREFLY monopoly and Clue game y'all a freaking Monopoly Firefly and Clue game ARE YOU KIDDING me... how many more days til Christmas?
Well apparently there are only 200 so thank you google for answering that (do not freak out do not freak out) there you go EXCELLENT CHRISTMAS ideas for your fellow geek, nerd loving friends there are also Dr Who games in the below Monopoly and Clue as well... FYI



I am trying so hard to be good until after the garage sale then all bets are off just have to get through until Sunday y'all then GAME FREAKING ON like DONKEY KONG

PROJECTS/PERSONAL.




Also known as SCREW MY LIFE which yes I cleaned up just in case my lovely mother or any of her lovely friends happen to listen to this lovely podcast. I have decided to convince my mother that a garage sale was the way to get rid of a lot of our junk before we moved into our new home (a home we still to this day do not know if we qualify for or not) but to help clean out the house we rather I decided for us that we should make money instead of just donating all that crap to a place. So for the last month and every day to today we have been gathering, cleaning. labeling, advertising, and now at the butt crack of dawn today at 5 freaking am we are now setting out tables, and putting out our trash in hopes it is another man's treasure. Also we have sacrificed a virgin on the blue moon with a puppy and a unicorn in hopes it doesn't rain and that someone will buy our trash. so WE ARE HAVING A GARAGE SALE 

TV SHOW/MOVIES
Doing my re-watch of Heroes this week

In preparation for

So just started it and I have to say I am all a flutter for it I forgot how much I enjoyed this show and I am digging it. Trying not to binge watch because if you know me and I'm assuming by now week 11 you do. You have come to realize that I have a problem after I binge for too long I find lots of plot holes and problems and God help us all when I do and man oh man there's a reason that TV shows have a week between episodes I tell ya.  So bare with me I am trying to go in small doses I promise to keep me and you both from going nuts.

MOVIE:
I did manage to watch a movie this week I KNOW SHOCKING and since this is a safe place where no judging occurs I will share it with you it was...

No I don't have kids, No no one forced me to watch it, Yes I watch kid movies, and yes I enjoy them so get over it. Yes I am defensive because yes I get asked those questions often like I have to justify why I watch kid movies when I have no kids. Good grief what does it matter?!?! Anyway if you wanna know more go check out my review of TinkerBell and the Legend of the Neverbeast here

MUSIC

This week thought I would mix it up a little with some sad music that brings back some old school memories. If you remember this band then that means you are as old as me or older so yeah you.

You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol 

If you want a fun break your heart and rip it out whilst stomping on it fan vid here's one of Sherlock and Molly from the BBC show Sherlock enjoy crying like I do when I watch it with a pint of ice cream.

Okay on an even more depressing note let's move on to

The One That Got Away by The Civil Wars

And here's a depressing fan vid for that cause I'm all about the angst today

So go cry your eyes out Supernatural fans. I wasn't a JO fan but I know a lot of you were and it was a sad ending for her. Then again any female on Supernatural is going to have a sad ending so there you have it. Best of luck to all the females who enter that show.

BOOK
Moving right along.

Title: Glass Houses
Author: Rachel Caine
Published: 10/3/2006
Summary:
A new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. Will she be able to face the town's terror or will she drown like everyone else?
 


I thought it was an interesting series I still read it off and on and have bought everyone of them I think the last one I read was... book 7 and she is on book 15 (dang I am further behind than I thought well crap on a cracker I will have to catch up) any who they use to be really thin and easy quick reads that were fun and nice. It was in the hey day of  vampire revival books and I enjoyed them but I'm not sure if I would now so go forth and do what you want with this recommendation. When I move I might look into a re-read to see if I am still interested or not. 

ACTOR/ACTRESS
Since I didn't pick him last week and we talked about his show HEROES and well hell I am doing his re-watch this week I thought well crap on a crack we should totally pick him for our favorite actor of the week. Plus Nerd HQ should be starting next month which when it does in July I will be talking about him again and Lord knows I have enough pics to do more than 1 week of favorites of him so we can afford to do another week of it.
Any who this week's favorite Actor is ZACHARY LEVI...






Whelp there you go. Look for more Zach when SDCC starts in July because I will be watching the live streaming of Conversations with a cause for sure which means you will be getting more updates on that as well.

So as always Its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄