Thursday, January 26, 2017

Review ~ Weep No More My Lady By Mary Higgins Clark

Title: Weep No More My Lady  
Author: Mary Higgins Clark
Copyright: 2007
Type:  Mystery/Suspense
Pages: 336
Series: No

Reason for Reading:
I wanted something different to read and it was there

Summary:
Elizabeth Lange has arrived at Cypress Point Spa in Pebble Beach, California, weary of heart and soul. Still grieving for her beloved sister, a famous actress who plunged to her death from her Manhattan penthouse, Elizabeth is determined to unearth the truth about how Leila died. Dashing millionaire Ted Winters stands accused of her murder, but Elizabeth has doubts.

Along the windswept cliffs of the Monterey coast, in luxurious bungalows, between gourmet meals and beachfront walks, uneasiness stalks Elizabeth while she begins opening doors to the past. As glimpses of the dark truth about Leila's life and death -- and about Elizabeth herself -- start to crash against her mind, an ominous wave from an unexpected source threatens to engulf her entirely

Thoughts
This was my first Mary Higgins Clark and I have to say it wasn't bad at all. It was a quick fun little read. It wasn't gory or too hard to figure out the twist and turns. I had the mystery figured out which is saying something for me usually I'm all surprised when the killer is revealed so it was nice to be like, "yeah called that" but not so much that was I was bored. I liked learning about the characters and I felt that I connected to Elizabeth enough that I honestly didn't want anything bad to happen to her but at the same time wasn't so connected that I can be done with this and don't want a series. I am glad there was a hint of romance but Ms. Clark stuck to the roots of this book and kept to the mystery and suspense not making it a romance which I enjoyed. I did like that the background characters actually had depth to them and weren't cardboard cutouts that I felt a little invested and thought for a few minutes that each of them could have possibly done it at some point which was a fun game of clue. It over all was a quick and easy read that I enjoyed. 

Grade: 3 out of 5 stars
Would you recommend this book to others? Yeah it was a quick simple mystery that wasn't anything to write home about but wasn't horrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄