Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: Insanity by Cameron Jace

Title: Insanity
Author: Cameron Jace
Copyright: 2013
Type: young adult
Page: 254
Series yes this is book 1


Reason for Reading:
loved his short stories and thought I would give the full book a try

Summary:
After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Alice leads a double life: an Oxford university student by day, a mad girl in an asylum by night. The line between sanity and insanity thins when she meets Jack Diamond, an arrogant college student who believes that nonsense is an actual science. 

Thoughts
This book confused me because the world that Cameron Jace set up in the short stories were fantastic and I was so excited to read this novel. I absolutely loved them and then I got this one which was going to focus on Alice and I thought okay no problem he would still tie in all those novels somehow or at least the world would make sense or he would flesh out the world somehow... and then it all fell flat. Nothing made sense it was all jumbled. I couldn't tell if Alice was real or not real was she insane or not insane and who was fighting who were we in the real world or not and why did I the reader have to be confused all the time as confused as the reader. I didn't connect or care for any of the characters and I really found that it took so long to finish the actual book I was mad with the ending because I received no answers to anything. I was right back to where I began Alice is still just as confused is this real or not the stupid questions are there and I have no reason to continue because frankly I just don't care enough to invest. I don't get what was happening and I still don't understand how any of this tied into any of the short novels and why did we get those if this was the actual novel? 

Grade: 1 1/2 stars but since you have to give 1 or 2 stars on good reads I gave 2 stars

Would I recommend: No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄