Friday, July 17, 2015

My Favorite Things ~ Week 15

Hey everybody welcome back to a Few of my Favorite Things. We are on week 15 episode 28 we skipped last week cause this gal right here was sick. I wasn't just sick I was CAPITAL S... I... C... K so yeah joyous nothing like having a sickness in the dead of summer to add to your misery.

But enough about me cause we're back... (I tried with the impression and honestly I think I should just give them up. Clearly it's not my fort-ate and honestly not winning me any points at the moment)

NERD NEWS
So nerds how many of you totally geeked out or nerded out (not sure if that's a word) about SDCC (for non-nerds that would be San-Diego Comic Con) even those of you not 100 % tuned into the nerd/geek vibes knew something big happened last weekend b/c every major trailer for the next year was dropped/released or hinted at in the DC and Marvel universe and hell even those who have nothing to do with comic books but had something nerd/geek/sci-fi or paranormal related was talked about.

I mean my goodness everything from
Superman vs. Batman
Suicide Squad
to
Man from Uncle (I actually want to see this one)
Crimson Peak (want to see but more than likely won't very scary)

Conman (a web series by Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk)

to TV Shows coming out like the ever popular
Sherlock
Dr. Who
Dark Matter (new one on Sy Fy which I will hit on later)
Supernatural
Arrow
Flash
and Heroes Reborn

from the DubSmash war of Shield agents Sky and Coluson vs. Agent Carter and Jarvis
And just b/c this was so AWESOME here's the link so you can understand what I am talking about
click here to get it

to Nerd HQ was and is still being talked about on places like
YouTube (duh)
The Nerd Machine
Tumblr (again duh) and Twitter
Screenrant
to personal favorite websites like Bloody Disgusting 
Nerd Bastards
Geek and Sundry 
and well thousands of more you already know I'm a nerd I don't need to point it out but if you need more links to get a fill of stuff let me know in the comments and I can hook ya up

PERSONAL:
Well as I mentioned above I've been one sick cookie so not much has gotten done in the realm of personal other than I did get a chance to organize some of my bookcases and well just clean up yeah and boo... but that also gave me a chance to see what photos I have and what I need to do with what photos I have and what else I may need to accomplish as photos go. Plus it also gave me ideas of what needs to be moved around and hell what I need to get rid of and what books I should keep. PLUS it helped me to figure out what the hell I need to do with all my POP Funk dolls that I apparently am not going to stop collecting :( so that was good.
Needless to say I have absolutely NOTHING for this section so let's stop wasting time because...

Everyone knows when you're sick for like 5 days and yes I seriously was that means you get to watch a BUTT TON of TV and so I did!!!

TV SHOWS
I totally did it I completed my bet to  on Twitter and finished watching all of the 10th doctor who! Which for those of you who are not Dr. Who fans that would be David Tennant's reign as Dr. Who

Anywho it took a long ass time for me to like this doctor and in fact it took the last half (literally the last 4 episodes) of Martha's story line for me to start to enjoy him and than Donna came and Lord have mercy I fell in love with Doctor and Donna combo my goodness I heart the Doctor and Donna. (Rant ends at 15:16)

 and then the Damn BRITTS and their let's break the freaking hearts of the world b/c the only way we can truly experience real life is to rip out the hearts of the viewers and stomps on it and spit in their eyes so hey this will be fun to ruin their favorite character's whole FLIPPING STORY LINE got a hold of it and did just that and now I FREAKING HATE EVERYTHING DOCTOR WHO except for those few brilliant episodes where the doctor had Donna and I just pretend the last 4 episodes of the season truly don't happen and the doctor never lost her and the stupid regeneration never takes place and all of you can stuff it up your prissy little arses who want me to like or get to know Rory or freaking Matt Smith cause guess what kids I DON'T FREAKING CARE any more!!!!! You pissed me off with the whole Donna thing BITE ME!


And now that's done... moving on

So also while I was sick I caught up on two new awesome amazing space balls shows that EVERYONE and their MOTHER should be watching (let me add in a warning: only if your mother likes cussing, sass and shooting)


I mean my goodness not that I have a lot going on Friday nights but this makes me not want to have anything going on ( I actually do I play volleyball but usually after the game is over I rush home to shower and then watch these shows they are that good). Needless to say I think they are just summer fillers which is sad I would love to see full episodes or seasons of the whole show and I hope beyond a doubt that they get renewed b/c wow they are perfect.

Darkmatter is about:
A group of six people with no memory of who they are and where they came from wake up on a starship. Naming themselves "One" through "Six" in order of their awakening, they stabilize their vessel and begin trying to figure out what happened to them. 13 episodes thus far and I think we are on episode 5 (did go to SDCC and had a good showing I think)

Kill Joys is about:
Killjoys follows a trio of hard-living but fun-loving bounty hunters – Dutch, John, and D'avin– taking on interplanetary missions, chasing and capturing deadly criminals throughout a distant system named the Quad. They have sworn amongst themselves to remain neutral during a bloody, multi-planetary class war that threatens to destroy the Quad. 10 episodes thus far and I think we are on episode 5 (did not go to SDCC and I was very disappointed in that)

Alright I think that's about it in TV shows... for the moment I am watching Geeks who drink so that might be next's week's hot topic.

MOVIES;
I watched 2 movies I know shut the freaking front door WHAT?!
First off I watched


over the holiday weekend (4th of July yes it's been that long since we've done this folks) and you can check out my overall stellar review here on the reading blog. I think I gave it a B for effort mainly b/c nothing will ever top Jurassic Park but at least they gave it there all and hey they have a man saving Margaritas from flying dinos what could be more entertaining?

You can also see that gif or jif depending what side you take in that great debate on the reading blog (see how much you are missing by only listening?!?) I know you like that plug.

The other movie I watched was Heroine a Bollywood film for those of you who went down a naughty path or just tilted your head to the side like my 90 lb puppy does when I say something in a funny voice. Or my mother when I told her it was a movie she should check out.

The movie begins with Mahi Arora a renowned heroine, being thrown out of a car at night. She hails a taxi to a police station with the intention of lodging a complaint. Before she can do so, her secretary takes her from the station. The movie then goes to flashback for a while, showing the circumstances and her relationship with a well-known actor Aryan. Aryan is in the divorce proceedings with his wife, and dating Mahi. Mahi is completely in love with Aryan, and during one of their intimate moments, takes a video of them just for fun. Aryan is split between his current wife and son, his career, and over-jealous Mahi. When Mahi comes to know about an intimate scene Aryan is shooting for a movie, she barges on to the set and creates a ruckus, which upsets Aryan. Later Mahi is teased by Aryan's current wife in a party, and she insults her back. While driven back from the party with Aryan, Mahi raises the topic, which results in her being thrown out of the car. Mahi then goes into depression, putting her career in jeopardy. One of her friends suggests Mahi to stop playing the victim and to get back again with a bang. Heeding her advice, Mahi decides to rejuvenate her career. She employs a PRO, Pallavi who reinvents Mahi's image and puts her back on the front page of every newspapers and magazines. She starts relationship with an upcoming cricketer, Angad Paul. Their love affair begins to blossom and puts her back into the spotlight. Mahi uses Angad to get role in a big budget film. However, lead hero manipulates so that all the spotlight in the film goes to him and an item girl. Mahi is dissatisfied despite the film being a success, and in a desperate attempt to prove her acting skills she works in an art film for next nine months. In between Angad proposes to Mahi, but she feels that presently they should concentrate on their respective careers. This causes Mahi and Angad's relationship to end. Also the art film never completes, again Mahi goes into depression accompanied by heavy drinking and smoking. As no big film coming her way, she decides to work on a low budget film with newcomers. Also she agrees to make an appearance in the marriage of an industrialist daughter. As fate would have it, Mahi meets Aryan at the wedding. Aryan seems to be apologetic to Mahi for what he had done to her. They decide to rekindle their affair. Mahi is happy that Aryan is back in her life. Also, he wants her to do a big budget film with him. However, the director of the film is reluctant to cast Mahi in the role of the lead heroine as she has lost her appeal. Mahi becomes insane about losing the role to another heroine. She asks Pallavi to leak the sex tape of her and Aryan on the news so that she would get back on the spotlight for the release of her low budget film. As a result of this controversy, the film becomes an instant hit. However, when Rashid Bhai quits his job and a veteran actress in the industry, Shagufta Reza whom Mahi admires dearly, dies, Mahi decides to quit acting as well. In the concluding scenes, Mahi is shown walking alone in a foreign country and on being asked if she is Mahi Arora, she replies "no". It is implied that Mahi moved on with her life.

That's the really really long version I got from Wikipedia (love that sight and it explains it way better than I ever could) great movie go forth watch and check it out!!! LOVE BOLLYWOOD

MUSIC
Alright this week was hard to pick music for you guys but I settled on: 


Haven't Told Her by Plain White Tee's (Hope I spelled that Right) just b/c I heart the freaking Song
and b/c I heart Wolfblood a BBC young adult show about werewolves and well don't get me started here's a fanvid of the 2 main characters (Maddy and Rhydian) to this song 
done by XFreedomXToXBeXYouX

The second song I picked is Twisted by Keith Sweat b/c we needed some Old School in this joint

Alright hope you enjoyed that flash back from my past and if you know that flashback congrats you're as old as me!

BOOKS
Man so I cleaned out my selves this weekend and you would think that would make this section easier. And alas it did not...
Title: Broken Wing
By: Judith James
Released: 2008
Summary:
Set during the chaotic beginnings of Napoleon's rule, this saga tells the story of Gabriel St. Croix, a street survivor searching for a place to belong. Abandoned as a child and raised in a brothel, he has never known friendship or affection. Hiding physical and emotional scars behind an icy facade, his only relationship is with a young boy he has spent the last five years protecting from the brutal reality of their environment. But all that is about to change. The boy's family has found him, and they are coming to take him home.

Sarah Munroe blames herself for her brother's disappearance. When he's located, safe and unharmed despite where he has been living, Sarah vows to help the man who rescued and protected him in any way she can. With loving patience she helps Gabriel face his demons and teaches him to trust in friendship and love. But when the past catches up with him, Gabriel must face it on his own. Becoming a mercenary, pirate, and professional gambler, he travels to London, France, and the Barbary Coast in a desperate attempt to find Sarah again. On the way, however, he will discover the most dangerous journey and the greatest gamble of all is within the darkest reaches of his own heart.
 


Thoughts:
Yep I went with a romance again. Le Sigh not sure why other than I love that the man character was raised in a brothel and yet has a chance at redemption. Give me a good old redemption story romance or otherwise and you have me hook line and sinker I'm not going to lie. And boy howdy does this one deliver. I love that it takes a person to teach a broken man how to have a friend first than love and that was a huge thing for me. Too many times in TV shows and movies and books we try to rush the romance after a traumatic event but in this book (and it's 400 pages people so keep that in mind) the main characters become friends first and that is key no matter what. Needless to say whether you are into it for the romance or the healing this is a great book of interest and I liked the history and the redemption as well as the le sigh romance parts of it as well.

FAVORITE ACTOR PART
You know what I'm doing a 2 for 1 since I made such a stink about the Doctor and Donna I'm going to go ahead and do a Catherine Tate (Donna Noble companion to the 10th Doctor) and David Tennant (10th Doctor) combo post of their most snarky comments. I will read them for you and post the pictures on the reading blog for those of you not wanting to head over there.

















Alright now that my tears have stopped still a little bit salty... nope, nope A hell of a lot salty over this wound.

moving on

That's it for me folks this week its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄