Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday's Movie Review ~ Jurassic World


Title: Jurassic World
Released: 6/2015
Actors:
Chris Pratt
and more people you may recognize but can't play other than Nike from from New Girl


Summary
  1. Located off the coast of Costa Rica, the Jurassic World luxury resort provides a habitat for an array of genetically engineered dinosaurs, including the vicious and intelligent Indominus rex. When the massive creature escapes, it sets off a chain reaction that causes the other dinos to run amok. Now, it's up to a former military man and animal expert (Chris Pratt) to use his special skills to save two young brothers and the rest of the tourists from an all-out, prehistoric assault.

Thoughts
First off once you've seen Jurassic Park you have seen the mother load. And let me be clear the first one still holds up to this day. I made Momma G watch it first before we went to this one just in case they referenced it in this movie and yes folks they did (props to them for doing that and I added bonus points to the grade and recommendations because of it). Otherwise take the first movie add it some extra bang, move dinos, extra blood and guts and you have the new movie. Cause honestly that is all this is other than a woman running around in heels through the whole movie and well Chris Pratt... 

Who while a hawt man and all is no Jeff Goldblum from the original Jurassic Park :) just saying
That being said it was a good enough movie to keep me entertained. I was surprised about it and there were a few twist and turns that I was entertained enough to not roll my enough they got stuck. I enjoyed the action, the hunting, the *le sigh* romance that now every action movie must have, and the new dino they invented. I have to say that I saw a lot of the "twist" coming but hey it's hard to fool this old bird any more. That being said like I stated in the very beginning once you've seen Jurassic Park it's hard to surprise anyone and if you've seen Jurassic Park what's the point of watching anything else other than to see the dinos again?!?! Am I right, am I? you know I am. No one wanted to see anything other than the T-rex and we got that. We wanted to see Raptors and we got that. We wanted kids in danger cause that's what the first movie had. And we wanted 2 people who don't have kids but felt bad that 2 kids were trying to survive with a "man eating dinos" after them going into the big bad scary dark woods after said kids to "save" them because hey that's what the first movie had and you know what that's what we got. Along the way we got some new adventures, new deaths, new twists, and lots of humans being eaten WAY more than the first because hey we wanted that too. 
We may or may not have even gotten a Jimmy Buffet cameo
Alright all in all not a bad one just not the original one :)

Final Grade: B
Is this a re-watch: Sure I hated Jurassic Park 2 & 3 but this one was okay enough that I would see it again. 
Would I recommend: Yeah it was a good summer flick to keep us entertained until the next big thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄