Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites ~ Week #10




Welcome back to week 10 of the podcast which makes this episode 17! Everything is back to normal with our 6 topics...

NERD

This should be down on TV Shows sections and I realize that people but bare with me. The show has been off for a while now. It was all about saving the Cheerleader for those of you who remember the beginning of this. It was a huge leap for nerd kind when it came out. It was our version of XMEN on prime time and we were stoked that it was going to make it. Thousands of us sat waiting with baited breath hoping upon hope that this was going to be the nerd show that started and gave us nerds the credit we so deserved in 2006

It was the story of ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities and how these abilities affected their lives. It was the jumping point for actors like Zachary Quinto and Hayden Panettiere. What was super cool about it was the storytelling style it used it was done in the way of like a comic book. So the watcher felt as if our comics were coming to live. What I also liked about it was the fact the writers weren't afraid to actually kill off characters. It was very British in that sense don't get too attached b/c you never know who they might kill off next.

The down side was the writer's wrote themselves (in my honest humble opinion) in a tight spot with making the two main characters Peter Petrelli was able to mimic anyone's ability (AKA Rogue)
Clare the cheerleader who could heal from anything
and Sylar who the "Villain" who stole powers from others SPOILER anyway then you had the time traveling Hiro who could bend space and time I just think it became too unreal that people who didn't read comics couldn't get it and those that did read comics started wondering if this could last. Sadly it didn't and in 2010 it was axed.

However, and hold on to your knickers cause here's were it gets interesting it's being reborn


Yep with our favorite person in the word if you are a nerd


That's right Zachary Levi aka Chuck! he's looks good holding a gun again. I think he's a good hero this time not a Sylar... IDK needless to say this summer may have a Hero re-watch in it just to prepare this nerd for the reborn coming in the fall.

PROJECT/PERSONAL
Since I went to Atlanta I took a butt ton of pictures and well I still have a butt ton of pictures from India that I would like to display. That and I don't want to be like a teenager and just post them with tape on a wall to be destroyed so I need to find a way to display them in a semi adult manner that looks clean and neat in case we ever move into a you know nice house some day...
So I am trying to find a pretty yet artistic yet adult way of doing this impossible task of displaying my wonderful pictures that don't look like a 3 year old threw up on my wall. Suggestions are welcome. Thus far this is what pintrest has helped me come up with






Sadly it's the last one that appeals to the inner child in me the most and you know why...
The website I talked about is PhotoAffections.com
Any who you can follow my Pintrest board here where all these lovely pics are at plus about 3000 more pins are plus you can see pictures of my Baby Daddy which I know you are all dying to find out who it is. I'll give you a hint his first name is Chris and last name is Evans...

TV Show/MOVIE
I'm back to summer shows b/c it's JUNE baby!!! So my PLL is back on and it's the Summer of Answers LOL Season 6

And while I know I swore off Pretty Little Liars I had to see the premier and I won't spoil it b/c hey come on I don't try to do that on purpose. I A (no pun intended) figured out from season 5 finale who A was so YEAH ME and B have to admit it was a hell of a season premiere. So go #PLL definitely going darker this season so I am interested to learn more of where they are heading apparently they only have one more season left so I am interested in what more they can do after this. Plus I want to know the answers to some major questions not going to lie. And now that I know for sure that this is A (DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE THIS) I will plan to re-watch the whole series just to make sure it makes sense. But after a Heroes re-watch (priorities people must get them done). So did you watch the season premiere this week? What did you think?

as far as movies go I watched a lot while in Atlanta including:




All were very good all were ones I've seen before so sadly nothing I can add to my movie watch but if you are wanting to keep up with how I am doing with that you can catch up over here

MUSIC
Truth Is by Fantasia - I don't know what it is about this song but man it just really hits home this week. I think we all have someone that this song reminds us of. Seriously don't listen to it for too long cause it will cause depression if you do


Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys - to be honest I found this song from a fan video and fell in love with the song over the fan video so it also fits a love hate relationship we have all been in right? Am I right? Crawling back to you... any way


The fan video is here with the lovely sexy man Tom Hiddleston himself:



BOOK

Feed by Mira Grant
Summary:
The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. 

The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected. 

The truth will get out, even if it kills them


I'm not sure if y'all are aware of this are not but I have a love hate relationship for zombies. I love to hate them. So needless to say anything zombie and I'm game for it. Read it, watch it, live it, do it, hunt it, (just kidding I don't wanna live it nor hunt in it cause seriously I would die and die quickly), but you get the point. I love zombie stories if they're done right. I love anything that has the virus mentality and hunting zombies and boy does this book do zombies right! I have to say I enjoyed this book a lot and really liked all the twist and turns and controversy OH MY such a lovely book with a nice ending and twist le sigh. Seriously if you like zombies and zombie books this is a good one. I really like it and just want to re-read it and keep going with the series. 

ACTRESS/ACTOR
And because I did the fan video up top and well now he's on my mind I'm going to pick the one and only Tom Hiddleston as my Actor of the week! (and the crowd of hoards of fans went crazy) Y'all know you did so don't pretend for even a second that you didn't.






Well that was fun we should do this again next week... wait
So as always Its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄