Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Movie Review ~ 3 Days of the Condor


For this week's review I watched


3 Days of the Condo 
Released: 1975
Actors/Actresses:
Robert Redford
Faye Dunaway
Max Von Sydow
Cliff Robertston
John Houseman

Summary:
  1. On a seemingly ordinary day, Joe Turner (Robert Redford), a quiet CIA code breaker, walks into his workplace and finds that all of his coworkers have been murdered. Horrified, Joe flees the scene and tries to tell his supervisors about the tragedy. Unfortunately, he soon learns that CIA higher-ups were involved in the murders. With no one to trust, and a merciless hit man (Max von Sydow) close on his tail, Joe must somehow survive long enough to figure out why his own agency wants him dead.
Thoughts:

I have to admit when I first started watching it took me a minute to catch on to what was happening. This is my mom's favorite movie and she was dying for me to watch it. She kept claiming that this was the "father of all spy movies" and I told her there was no way that all "spy movies are based on this movie" and she disagreed. Needless to say I may have to bow to her because as it turns out a lot of the things I enjoy in spy movies are indeed in this move. For example the twist and turns. The everyday guy trying to figure out what is going on, who is the "real" bad guy and who can I "actually trust" plot twist was all in this. There was a love scene that while not as graphic as our scene now and days still uncomfortable to watch with your mother (just saying) There were a lot of times I was like (HOLY CRAP are we sure Robert Redford and Brad Pitt aren't related? I seriously couldn't get over the resemblance) but when I was able to push past it there were other times I was like man this is a great movie. 
I was intrigued by it and it held my attention. There were many times I wanted to roll my eyes but I think that is because I am cynical in nature (I know shocking) and I had many moments where I was like "He's not a field agent remember this he is not a field agent" pep talks with myself. All in all I thought they did a great job with the twists and turns and whose on what team and whose at first and whose is running home. I liked the over all job of where will Turner end up and I have to say I wanted there to be more movies. I actually found myself thinking "oh my gosh this is the baby daddy of the Bourne Identity isn't it?" I even went so far to look up the book that this whole movie is based on.

Final grade: A
Will I re-watch: Yes I actually think I would re-watch this one
Would I recommend: Yes I enjoyed it enough that if I did a spy movie night I would put this one on the list of recommendations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄