Whew welcome back to week 9 episode 15 of My favorite things podcast. I took last week off to go on an EPIC road trip to Atlanta, Georgia! Part of it was a geek trip in hopes of seeing some filming of Captain America 3 (no such luck boooo) part of it was to visit some other geeky/nerdy friends that I see every August. We've been planning this trip since January and I was joined by @courtam3 @MajorGeek69 to visit @taris_eirien in Georgia. @MajorGeek69 flew in from Quebec Canada to meet @courtam3 they then proceeded to drive down 4 hours to St. Louis where this lovely lady met them with a rental car and a friend JDay at a bar named Train-wreck (nope I can't make this up) to have dinner and drinks before crashing for the night
Us at Train Wreck
From there we started our 8 hour drive the lovely city of Atlanta only to discover my future #BabyDaddy
Had thwarted our plans and headed for Boston before we arrived (next time we will plan for a detour Brain next time when taking over the world we will have a Plan B just sayin) any who I digress and we pushed on to the lovely southern city of Atlanta.
There we managed to visit The Aquarium, The Center for Civil and Human Rights, Titan Comics, 5 Points, Criminal Records, Vortex and along the way we took many a selfie.. Yes for the record they are in order
Fun times were had by all!
So while you didn't get your typical Favorites like normal this week you will get My top favorite things to do in Atlanta.
1. Quote from random movies that no one but you and one other person in the car know "bye Felicia" just so that you can crack yourself up when driving for 8 hours.
2. Go and take pictures of Giant sharks in a tank so that 1 you feel really, really insignificant yet at the same time very important b/c hey you weren't stupid enough to get caught in a small fish tank. Then sit in the first 10 rows at the dolphin show and not pay attention for the first 30 minutes of pre-warning when they explain that it is the "FLOODING ZONE" until it's too late to move" (PS I don't like dolphins and I'm all dolphin out after this weekend)
3. The Center for Civil and Human Rights is just AMAZING and worth every penny, nickel and dime. SERIOUSLY go forth and go there. If you are in Atlanta and you are going to the aquarium or the coke place it is right there go over and see it. Totally worth the visit.
4. MOVIES with the girls. Every night that we went we made sure to be home by 7pm to rest and man that meant popcorn and orange soda + movie time! We watched the un-aired pilot of Sherlock, The Losers, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Star Trek Into Darkness. Very much a movie weekend.
5. Titan and Criminal Records BE-STILL my nerd beating heart! OMG seriously worth it had way too much fun looking for stuff and geeking out over games and funko and pop stuff and comics and records OH MY
6. Little 5 points and The Vortex fun place to shop, cool vintage shops, and best drinks and burgers in TOWN hands down loved it.
Whelp it was a blast as always thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing.