Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Favorites ~ Week #8



Man oh Man we are back for week 8. I can't believe we have been doing this for 8 weeks. That's a whole 2 months of my favorite things. Pretty cool if you ask me which of course you didn't ask me but I thought I would still share it with you :) Thanks again for joining me on this journey.

This week in the nerdsphere we being me are going to talk about:
Let me start off (with this clause for future reference) by saying I reserve the right to pick this subject again as this topic again in the near or far future as I deem worthy or necessary (cause it will be necessary as 2016 gets closer and if this continues just saying)



Captain America 3 has begun filming in Atlanta Georgia. Normally this would mean absolutely nothing to me as I live in Kansas people. However, in T minus one week from today my happy little big butt will be in Atlanta Georgia with 3 other nerd/geek girls visiting for a road trip of good stalking fun and we are hoping to catch a glimpse of either the set/production or one of the actor *coughbabydaddyCHRISFREAKINGEVANScough* So that brought up the topic of the movie for us. Civil War and what it is about who is going to be in it and yada yada yada

There isn't a lot out on it yet so far the premise is this: After the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, when Captain America and the Avengers handling of an international incident results in collateral damage, politicians look to form a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to call in Avengers, which results in the fracturing of the team while they attempt to protect the world from a new enemy.
We know that:
Chris Evans AKA Baby Daddy is in it as is
Robert Downy JR, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Antony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd (Ant Man), Emily VanCamp (neighbor), Willam Hurt and

hold on to your seats

MARTIN FREEMAN FOLKS!!! AKA BIlBO BAGGINS

And the world or Nerds and Geeks collectively went YES!!!

Yeah to say I'm a little excited would be the understatement of the year. I think I am more excited about this movie then the last to be honest. I like the Captain America franchise more than the Avengers though and that has more to do with the fact that I actively read the comics where as with Avengers I don't. (and Chris Evans doesn't hurt the case) My biggest fear is once again we have a massive cast and I am scared the story is going to be sucked into the whole we have too many players who all need screen time and now we are going to have the same problem we face with the avenger movies. Hoping this doesn't become the case cause I really really like where this story line is headed kind of (I mean let's keep it spoiler free but dang yo I am curious as to if they will follow the comic or not)

Project/Personal:

Oh okay I guess I can put down the nerd flag for a moment and move on to something else. So I'm bringing back friendship bracelets do you guys remember these?


I mean I loved doing these as a kid. They were so cool and I felt so cool wearing them. Then all of the sudden it wasn't cool for me to wear them and then poof I just quit doing it. And now I wanna bring it back and make it cool for a 30 something to wear them again so I'm bringing it back (even though they never left)





Do you remember it this is very calming until you miss the freaking color LOL then crap on a cracker it can be stressful but dang yo they are so freaking pretty when they are done.


So there you go this is my project for the week you can find out plenty of tutorials online but I took mine and the pictures from Honestly WTF DIY projects

TV Show/Movie

Finished season 2 of Death in Paradise and very heart broken over it. Waiting on my disc of season 3 so in the mean time I have been killing time with the remake of 90210

(NEW cast is on top ORIGINAL cast is on bottom in case you had a hard time telling the difference)

The new series not the old although I am old enough to remember the old one. Which is weird b/c I never liked the old one. And oddly enough old members of the original one are making guest appearances in the new one and I am playing the guessing game of do I remember them or don't I remember them. Anyway same deal as the old one this one ran from 2008 to 2013 has 5 lovely season all on Netflix instant streaming so it will keep me entertained for awhile with who is sleeping with who. It's about a family that moved from KS (hence my interest since I live in KS) to Beverly Hills and them fitting in.  Any way it's keeping my interest for now we shall see if it last.

MUSIC

Absolutely Me by Caro Emerald I love this song and have for a long time. It is something I enjoy dancing to and shaking my groove thing to.


I'm Trouble by P!nk for some reason this song seems to fit me at some times in my life and is my mantra and then at other times I'm like no I'm never like that LOL


Again 2 strong female singers I hope you enjoyed your music selection this week ;)

BOOK


Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
Summary
A chilling, mesmerizing novel that combines the best of modern forensic thrillers with the detail and drama of historical fiction. In medieval Cambridge, England, four children have been murdered. The crimes are immediately blamed on the town's Jewish community, taken as evidence that Jews sacrifice Christian children in blasphemous ceremonies. To save them from the rioting mob, the king places the Cambridge Jews under his protection and hides them in a castle fortress. King Henry II is no friend of the Jews-or anyone, really-but he is invested in their fate. Without the taxes received from Jewish merchants, his treasuries would go bankrupt. Hoping scientific investigation will exonerate the Jews, Henry calls on his cousin the King of Sicily-whose subjects include the best medical experts in Europe-and asks for his finest "master of the art of death," an early version of the medical examiner. The Italian doctor chosen for the task is a young prodigy from the University of Salerno. But her name is Adelia-the king has been sent a "mistress" of the art of death. Adelia and her companions-Simon, a Jew, and Mansur, a Moor-travel to England to unravel the mystery of the Cambridge murders, which turn out to be the work of a serial killer, most likely one who has been on Crusade with the king. In a backward and superstitious country like England, Adelia must conceal her true identity as a doctor in order to avoid accusations of witchcraft. Along the way, she is assisted by Sir Rowley Picot, one of the king's tax collectors, a man with a personal stake in the investigation. Rowley may be a needed friend, or the fiend for whom they are searching. As Adelia's investigation takes her into Cambridge's shadowy river paths and behind the closed doors of its churches and nunneries, the hunt intensifies and the killer prepares to strike again.

Very interesting murder/mystery fiction novel. I will admit that it over all had some historical inaccuracies so if you are looking more for a historical factual novel don't look here. If however you are just looking for a good historical read that has a nice mystery and some culture thrown in this is the story for you. What made me interested in it is the fact our hero is a woman who is wanting to be a doctor in a time where that just isn't heard of and what she faces on this journey considering she is a damn good doctor. Add to it a killer killing kids some Jew/Christian/Muslim mix and boom you got yourself a great book. Or at least a good book in my eyes. Definitely a no brainier for me it is also a series but not one in so much as it ends on a cliff hanger and OMG I can't believe that's how the writer closed this book but more like hey what's our heroine's next adventure going to be kind of series. So go forth read and enjoy and if you don't like it... well don't blame me...



ACTOR/ACTRESS
In honor of 90210 and Blacklist (which I quit watching) I nominate Ryan Eggold for my favorite actor today.
Half the time I'm like YEP and then half the time I'm like nope. I have no idea about this guy. I started liking him in Blacklist and then I saw him in 90210 and I keep expecting him to whip out a pen and stab someone b/c of the role he plays on the Blacklist (seriously no spoilers cause I don't know I quit watching in season 1 so I have no idea if he's a good guy or not but he comes off as like a IDK maybe a good guy you wanna trust but don't want to leave him alone with a pen) Any who here's your actor of the week. Enjoy.






There will not be a Favorite next week BOOOO I know right?! I will be in Atlanta Georgia on a ROAD TRIP, YEAH for me BOO for you but I will bring it back the following week and will have much cool stuff to talk about and share with all of you after that on the 29th. I may or may not have a very cool announcement to share with you at that time so stay tuned. So as always Its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



Also you can be a backer of this podcast by heading over here and finding out more information 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄