Friday, February 27, 2015

Review ~ If you Ask Me (and of course you won't) by Betty White (audio)

TITLE: If You Ask Me (and of Course You won't)
AUTHOR: Betty White
COPYRIGHT: 2011
TYPE: Audio/Biography 
PAGES: audio (2.5 hours)
SERIES:  no

REASON FOR READ:
B/c it's Betty White!!!

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Drawing from a lifetime of lessons learned, seven-time Emmy winner Betty White's wit and wisdom take center stage as she tackles topics like friendship, romantic love, aging, television, fans, love for animals, and the brave new world of celebrity. If You Ask Me mixes her thoughtful observations with humorous stories from a seven- decade career in Hollywood. Longtime fans and new fans alike will relish Betty's candid take on everything from her rumored crush on Robert Redford (true) to her beauty regimen (I have no idea what color my hair is and I never intend to find out") to the Facebook campaign that helped persuade her to hostSaturday Night Live despite her having declined the hosting job three times already.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
First off let me start off by saying I am a HUGE Betty White fan. I love me some Golden Girls, Hot in Cleveland, SNL and Mary Taylor Moore Show. I think Betty is hysterical. Also for the record I am not certain what I had expected going into this. Part of me wants to say that I thought it would be more about what life is like being Betty White. And honestly I had no idea this is like the 4th book she has put out so I guess long story short (to late) that I was going to get a "this is how to be Betty White" story. Instead what I got was a little bit here, little bit there, and some over here. I learned nothing really new and nothing all that great. I enjoyed the book but it is for sure not one I would recommend to a lot of people. I felt almost as if it was a "my life is great I have nothing to complain about, no scandals, and honestly I just don't talk about anyone in a negative light. While that is awesome and my respect increased for Betty I have to say at the same time my level of boredom also increased as I listened. 
The stories she told felt disconnected almost like she would change thoughts about a different topic before really getting to the heart of something. Or she jumped from Hot in Cleveland story to Mary Taylor Moore, to a chimp, to growing up, to her husband and back to Hot in Cleveland. For someone who loves going down rabbit holes I had a hard time keeping up with the leaps. 
All in all it was a quick audio and enjoyable to listen to Betty White talk and laugh. Not a complete waste of time, but not something I will listen to again. 

Favorite part or line from story:
I have no idea what my natural hair color is and I don't intend to find out. 

FINAL GRADE: 2 out of 5 stars

Would you recommend this story?
 If you are a fan of Betty White it is an interesting listen and doesn't take too much of your time. 

Is this a part of a reading challenge?
Out Do Yourself Challenge
New To Me Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄