Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

TITLE: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

AUTHOR: JK Rowling
TYPE: young adult, fantasy
AUDIO LENGTH: 8 hrs 17 minutes
SERIES
Yes 7 book series

REASON FOR LISTENING:
It is hands down one of my favorite series (shockingly enough there is only a handful of these) so I thought I would see what Harry Potter is like with audio. 
GOODREADS SUMMARY
Harry Potter has no idea how famous he is. That's because he's being raised by his miserable muggle aunt and uncle who are terrified Harry will learn that he's a wizard, just as his parents were.

But everything changes when Harry is summoned to attend an infamous school for wizards and he begins to discover some clues about his illustrious birthright.

From the surprising way he is greeted by a lovable giant, to the unique curriculum and colorful faculty at his unusual school, Harry finds himself drawn deep inside a mystical world he never knew existed and closer to his own noble destiny.

THOUGHTS/OPINIONS
I have to admit that this audio was done very nicely. First off there were different voices that didn't make me clench in agony like a lot of people do. I understood each of the characters and who was talking solely based on his tone and pronunciations of each word. I was amazed how he kept them all straight to be honest. 
There really wasn't a down side to this series thus far. It obviously follows the book. The pacing was perfect there was influx to the voices so that you could hear him panting when the person was, or sighing, or crying. I did enjoy remembering all the characters and how they fit together. 
The only negative thing and trust me when I say it was small was how he would say Harry when he wanted to sound exacerbated or annoyed it was like Haaaarrrrreeee UGH got on my nerves. 
Shy of that everything else was rather enjoyable and I have to say I never imaged 8 hours of my life flying by so quickly. 

Recommend to a Friend? Yes if you enjoy audio books this is definitely a must listen to
Goodreads Grade: I think I gave it 4 out of 5 stars simply due to link and it is a first novel even for JK 
Keeping or Passing: I bought it ... sue me


Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄