Sunday, March 11, 2012

Review ~ The Goblin King by Shona Husk


TITLE: The Goblin King
AUTHOR:
Shona Husk
COPYRIGHT: 2011
TYPE: urban fantasy with romance?
PAGES: 317
SERIES:  apparently

REASON FOR READING: No real reason behind it I just like Goblins and it looked interesting.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Once upon a time...

A man was cursed to the Shadowlands, his heart replaced with a cold lump of gold. In legends he became known as The Goblin King.

For a favored few he will grant a wish. Yet, desperately clinging to his waning human soul, his one own desire remains unfulfilled: A Willing Queen.

But who would consent to move from the modern-day world into the realm of nightmares? No matter how intoxicating his touch, no matter how deep his valor, loving him is dangerous. And the one woman who might dare to try could also destroy him forever

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I have to say I did enjoy this book. If I had to pick a downside or a negative thing it would have to be that at times it just appeared to drag. I found myself skipping over parts and skimming descriptions. I did enjoy learning about the curse and how Roan lived with his friends and what the place was like where they lived. There were a couple of good touching scenes that Roan had to deal with that opened the heroine’s eyes as well as mine on what the man was like underneath. I did like the heroine especially when she finally came into her own and refused to be bullied by the finance. All in all it was a good book and a nice read.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? I will pass it was a good one but not enough for me to read the next

Would you recommend this book? If you like to read about different worlds and curses this is the book for you. Ms. Husk did a fantastic job on the world building and creating of a different story line. I appreciate that this wasn't another vampire or werewolf book.


Goodreads ranking: 3 out of 5

Reviewing Next: The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄