Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review ~ Fireproof by Eric Wilson

TITLE: Fireproof

AUTHOR: Eric Wilson
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: Christian Fiction
PAGES: 284
SERIES: No

REASON FOR READING: It’s been sitting on a shelf for years and I thought now was a good time to read it.

SUMMARY (from Good reads):
Inside burning buildings, Captain Caleb Holt lives by the firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner. Yet at home, in the cooling embers of his marriage, he lives by his own rules. Growing up, his wife Catherine always dreamed of marrying a loving, brave firefighter... just like her father. Now, after seven years of marriage, she wonders when she stopped being "good enough." Countless arguments and anger have them wanting to move on to something with more sparks. As they prepare for divorce, Caleb's father challenges him to commit to a 40-day experiment: "The Love Dare." Wondering if it's even worth the effort, Caleb agrees, for his father's sake more than for his marriage. Surprised by what he discovers about the meaning of love, Caleb realizes that his wife and marriage are worth fighting for. His job is to rescue others. Now Captain Holt is ready to face his toughest job ever... rescuing his wife's heart.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I have to admit this book hit a little too close to home for me. I went through a divorce about 3 years ago and the beginning of this book was my marriage to a T so it was hard to push through it. However, watching how Caleb worked and struggled every day to be a better man, husband, and Christian blew my mind. And I have to say I cried, I cheered, and most of all I smiled with the ending. I wish this had been around when things were starting to go south for me but I have to say this is definitely something I think everyone in a relationship should read and heck if you’re brave like me take the Dare and see what happens in your life.

THINGS I LIKED:
- I loved watching these two people who were ready to throw in the towel fight for each other. I loved watching the struggle and the redemption b/c we have all been there.

- Watching Caleb turn into the God fearing, loving husband, and wonderful man he was supposed to be wowed me if that’s even a word. It was amazing watching him transform his life to be a better leader and spouse.

- The way Caleb transforming took hold of everyone around him. It’s true what they say anger spreads fast but love spreads and stays. When a person does things out of love it last forever.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I admit I stopped reading and skipped over the parts at the firehouse. I’m going to get stoned here but I’ve never really cared for firefighting books. I just don’t so the ribbing and things in the fire house didn’t really appeal to me.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping as a nice reminder

Would you recommend this book? Yes I highly recommend anyone getting into a relationship to read this or anyone in a committed relationship to read this and even try the dare




Challenges:
Out Do Yourself Challenge
TBR Challenge

Reviewing Next:
Switched by Amanda Hocking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄