Monday, February 14, 2011

Review ~ Go small or Go Home by Heather Wardell

TITLE: Go Small or Go Home
AUTHOR: Heather Wardell
COPYRIGHT: March 2010
TYPE: Contemporary Romance
PAGES: 164 give or take on your e-reader
SERIES: Nope

REASON FOR READ: Heather contacted me to see if I would be interested in reading and of course I said yes!!

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
When massage therapist and aspiring artist Tess begins treating stressed but attractive hockey star Forrest, her art career soars due to his gallery-owning mother, but her creativity plummets under the weight of rules and deadlines. Soon, she's lost the freedom and joy she'd always found in art. Is having her dream career worth losing doing her art her way, or can she somehow have both at once?



THOUGHTS/OPINION:

First and foremost I am very honest about my reviews if something doesn't work for me I will let you know. This was not the case. I ADORED this book which is shocking considering that I usually don't like contemporary romance novels very well. Something about the summary hooked me and I couldn't say no. Then once I began to read HOLY MOLEY I was hooked. Tess is wonderful, Forrest is wonderful, Jen is wonderful, Pam becomes wonderful and well I think that was all the "Main" type characters although the secondary cast was great. This book did it all for me. I had the H/H meet and build their relationship (there was no I love you on the first sight) they started slowly. It had me crying with the sibling aspect (seriously bawling like a baby) it had me on the friend level with Jen, on the the job level and stress level with Tess. Needless to say everything worked for me with this book. NO COMPLAINTS... and well that's rare let's just say that.

It appears the older I get the more complaints I start to have with books. Any who that's neither here nor there so moving on.

THINGS I LIKED:

- Loved, loved, loved the hockey aspect. I'm not sure if Heather is a hockey fan or not but damn girl you make me want to be one. GEEZ I was getting into imaginary games... think about that for a second... yeah that's how in detail they were.

- Miniatures... not something one should care about but I found myself wanting to buy some of the ones that Tess made. Hell I want the one that she sent off to a person I won't mention to not give it away but HOLY MAN I want. And yeah normally not into them...

-Loved the team aspect of hockey players and how that worked with Tess and Forrest I absolutely loved the interactions as they became more comfortable with Tess. And can I just say that Guitar Hero was mentioned and yeah won me over with that... Oh and puck bunnies never heard of them before (I live in KS there is no hockey here although based on the weather this winter there should be.)
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:

- If I had to pick one thing I didn't like it would be the way that Tess handled the stress with the art dealer. Now that being said I understood why she did it I just wish she would've come to her decision a lot sooner instead of fighting it for so long. Enough said I just got to the point that Tess became my girl and well it drove me insane that she struggled with the issue for so long. Okay seriously I'm done now.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? KEEPING!!! Well it is an E-book but it is definately one I shall re-read later!

Would you recommend this book?  Yes and so far I have to 3 people plus all of you!!!

Challenges:
Ebook Challenge
Out Do Yourself Challenge

Reviewing Next:
Another Heather book! 7 exes are 8 too many!

Author's Website
http://www.heatherwardell.com/

You can purchase this book here:


Anything else?
Yes!!! Heather has a new book coming out on the 24th and I will for sure be picking this up!

"Stir Until Thoroughly Confused"

Mary's given up everything, including an unsatisfying marriage, to
become a chef. But the career comes with a side dish: Kegan, her sexy
but controlling new boss.

They're soon in a relationship, and in all-too-frequent arguments, and
when it becomes clear they can't work together and be together Mary
faces a dilemma: keep her dream job or her dream man?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄