Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Review ~ Seven Exes are Eight too Many by Heather Wardell

TITLE: Seven exes are eight too many
AUTHOR: Heather Wardell
COPYRIGHT: 2010
TYPE: E-book Contemporary Romance
PAGES: 276
SERIES:
No not that I am aware of

REASON FOR READ: I absolutely adored Go Small or Go Home so I was thrilled to give this one a try

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
The fiercely private Madeleine-Cora Spencer is the last person who should be on a reality TV show, but when she's shunned by a friend's new wife because "you can't trust desperate single women" her pain and humiliation drive her straight to the "Find Your Prince" dating show's web site. Armed with date-appropriate clothes and a detailed game plan she arrives to meet her potential loves, only to be dumped... on a remote island with seven ex-boyfriends. Seven exes! Could this be any worse?

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Wow I was once again impressed with this book. It wasn't nearly as emotional as the first one I read by Heather but it was just as engaging. I loved the premises of the book and the question of what if you were trapped with 7 of your exes and everything you did or said was filmed. How would you feel? And what if one of the exes was the one that got away due to a stupid mistake? I thought Heather did a nice job juggling 9 plus personalities where you had enough to judge them and feel as if you got to know enough of them and the ones that you didn't care about you still got to know them. It was nice without being too much. I enjoyed both the H/H and the extras LOL if that makes sense (and it would if you read it)

THINGS I LIKED:
- Uh hello the whole freaking plot EXCELLENT who in the world would want to be trapped on an island with their exes? Could you? I think not. This had it all fighting, crying, laughing, bonding, growth *sigh* yeah a good plot.
- I enjoyed the men which is strange b/c at first I felt horrible for MC being trapped with them but, then I watched as they matured and as MC matured and wow I just liked them all. I am kind of sad none of my exes would be like that LOL they would actually try to kill me.
- I liked that the main character learned from her mistakes GOD it took a while but she was able to learn from past mistakes and to make things better.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I hated, hated that MC wouldn’t forgive KENT for the love of GOD woman give it up already LORD help me I get it. You have secrets, you’re a private person, he betrayed (in a very stupid way) GET OVER IT. Ok rant done.
-Side rant. Seriously how could she not know that Kent THREW the damn contest so she could talk to her dad? Serioiusly?!?!

Are you keeping it or passing it on? duh keeping!

Would you recommend this book? Actually I highly recommend pretty much whatever this author writes. I have only read 3 of her books but she is a must buy/read author for me!

Favorite Quotes:
The usual Las Vegas airport crowds bustled around us, and people kept eying me, the lone female in a group of men, then nudging their companions and whispering, no doubt trying to figure out who I was to have such an entourage. Someone who was pure evil in a past life, apparently, if I deserved all this. Pg 8

Plain rice with no seasoning except the odd little bug with a death wish. Fabulous. Pg. 21

Author Webpage: http://www.heatherwardell.com/

You can purchase the book here:


Challenges:E-book Challenge
Out do Yourself Challenge

Reviewing Next:Planning to Live by Heather Wardell


Anything else?
******EDITED******
Yes!!! Don't forget that Heather had a new book which came out on the 24th of last month (sorry about he confusion!) and I will for sure be picking this up!

"Stir Until Thoroughly Confused"

Mary's given up everything, including an unsatisfying marriage, to
become a chef. But the career comes with a side dish: Kegan, her sexy
but controlling new boss.

They're soon in a relationship, and in all-too-frequent arguments, and
when it becomes clear they can't work together and be together Mary
faces a dilemma: keep her dream job or her dream man?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄