Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Undead


TITLE: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
AUTHOR: Kim Harrison
COPYRIGHT: 2005
TYPE: Urban Fantasy
PAGES: 453
SERIES: yes book 2

1. Dead Witch Walking
2. The Good, The Bad, and the Undead3. Every Which Way but Dead
4. A Fist Full of Charms
5. For a Few Demons More (DIK Challenge)
6. The Outlaw Demon Wails
7. White Witch Black Curse
8. Black Magic Sanction

REASON FOR READ:
read book 1 and really enjoyed it thought it was time for book 2

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Rachel Morgan s back, and in more trouble than ever! Fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and other vampire novels won t want to miss the second novel in Kim Harrison s addicting--and already bestselling--supernatural series.
Former-bounty-hunter Rachel Morgan has it pretty good. She s left the corrupt Inderland Runner Service and started her own independent service. She s survived werewolves, shape-changing demons, bad-hair days, and sharing a church with her vampire roommate Ivy. She even has a cute (if human) boyfriend-what more could a witch want?
But living with a reformed vampire isn t all it s cracked up to be, particularly when your roommate s very bad ex-boyfriend wants her back, and wouldn t mind you in the process. And especially when he s six feet of sheer supernatural seduction, and you ve got a demon mark that makes vampires literally hotter than hell....
To save herself and Ivy, Rachel must confront the vampire master-and the dark secrets she s hidden even from herself



THOUGHTS/OPINION:.
Overall I think this is a really good series so far. However, I do think that Rachel has A LOT of opportunity to grow up. There is a lot of her behavior in this series that made me roll my eyes. It felt as if things don't go her way she doesn't care b/c she is going to make them go her way or everyone can go to hell... oh whoops maybe I should've listened to (Insert BF, Ivy or Jinx) b/c it turns out they might have been right.

THINGS I LIKED:
- I do like that Rachel is forced to deal with Ivy a little bit more in this book. In this book we actually see the pain and struggle that Ivy has to deal with living with Rachel. I think it was good to see that maybe if Rachel knew it she could've of dealt with it before now.
- I like the demon, not a good thing I think but I like that he is amusing and well finds Rachel to be amusing... ex: "You're like watching a five year old."
- I did like that I was right about Trent and what he was. I also liked that finally at the end Rachel realized her OBESSION with it being Trent was wrong and she was going to have to except it.
-Once Rachel got off her Trent OBESSION she finally became the person I enjoyed in the first book which was nice.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
-This constant OBESSION with it having to be Trent. Yes we all hate Trent, yes he is a bad guy but FOLLOW procedure if you EVER hope to bring him down. And yet you get mad when everyone tells you this b/c its not what you want. GROW UP! yes strangely that was my only complaint which means I will be reading the next.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

Would you recommend this book? yeah I think its a good 2nd book

Challenges:
100+ book challenge
TBR book Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄