Thursday, August 12, 2010
Review ~ Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
TITLE: Size the Night
AUTHOR: Sherrilyn Kenyon
TYPE: paranormal romance
SERIES: Uh yes and please don’t make me write them out
REASON FOR READ: Read up to this book last year and a co-worker convinced me I needed to catch up
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Hail Glorious Reader:
I was born the noble son of a legendary Roman senator. I walked through the ancient world as a general, admired and supreme until a brutal betrayal caused me to bargain my soul. Now I'm an immortal Dark-Hunter, bound to protect mankind from the evil scourge that haunts it. Over the centuries, I've seen many frightening things: plagues, pestilence, disco music...
And now Tabitha Devereaux. A human, she has trained herself to fight vampires every bit as capably as any Dark-Hunter. Idiosyncratic and off-beat, she is my personal bane-and yet she beguiles me. There are only two small problems. She happens to be the twin of my mortal enemy's wife. More than that, Tabitha and her sister are being stalked by a power that will not rest until everyone she holds dear is dead.
Unlike my Dark-Hunter brethren, I rely on no one but myself. They spurned me and I turned my back on them. But the only way to save Tabitha and her family is to find some way to bridge a two thousand-year-old feud.
They say opposites attract, but can they stay together when even the Fates conspire to keep them apart? Then again, the Fates have never dealt with the likes of Tabitha Devereaux before. They're going to be in for quite a fight...
Everyone warned me that after the last book they only get worse. That being said however, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I really enjoyed it and I recommend it. There were of course parts that annoyed me but I liked Valerius and realized a lot more about him then you do in Dance with the Devil. This one happened to be my favorite book so far of the series.
THINGS I LIKED:
- I like that Amanda was very strong and loved life. The fact that she liked who she was and didn’t doubt it was refreshing. She is definitely the take me or leave me kind of girl who really means it.
- I love that Amanda could hold her own but knew when she should ask for help and when she was in over her head.
- I loved watching Valerius fall in love with Amanda and realized that she wasn’t going to leave him no matter how horrible his past.
- I liked that even though they didn’t respect him Valerius still took his job serious and fought as good as he could. I also appreciate that while he was being picked on by the others and hated he didn’t whine about it.
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- Man hatred last forever in these novels. I mean it took Ash to show Zarek the truth for him to understand and even then he still gave the cold shoulder.
-The men in these books can hold a grudge FOREVER.
- The ending was nicely wrapped up and at first I didn’t like how easy it was but I have grown to appreciate it since.
- The bad guy not so bad and I ended up skipping over half of his story line.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping b/c I have the whole series
Would you recommend this book? Yeah it was a good story
100+ Book Challenge
Romance Reading Challenge
Reviewing Next: Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
So I am finally updating one of my oldest blogs And I am using it again to help me keep track of reading materials, books I own, TBR pile...
Title: Dead Man's Hand Author: George R.R. Martin Copyright: 2017 Genre: Fantasy Reason for Reading: Um it's Geo...
Synopsis New York Times bestselling author A. J. Hartley returns to his intriguing, 19th-century South African-inspired fanta...