Monday, May 4, 2009

Review ~ Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine

TITLE: Lord of Misrule
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
COPYRIGHT: 2009
TYPE: young adult
PAGES; 244

SERIES: yes book 5 in the series
1. Glass House
2. The Dead Girl’s Dance
3. Midnight Alley
4. Feast of Fools
5. Lord of Misrule
6. Carpe Corpus (not released yet.)

REASON FOR READING: I have read all of them and wanted to see what was happening with the series.

Summary : {From Goodreads}
The feast is over ... and the battle for Morganville has begun. Bishop's on one side, Amelie's on the other, and Claire's status as Amelie's most trusted human ally has just landed her on Morganville's Most Wanted list, along with all of her friends. As a bitter Texas storm bears down on the town, there's nowhere to hide ... from anything.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This takes off right where the last book left us. So we jumped right into the middle of the war. Knowing that its YA and all I didn’t expect some of the twist and turns that happened. It wasn’t anything too graphic but it was still different than I expected.

Things I enjoyed:
-Claire is starting to prove that she can handle herself and that being 17 isn’t going to stop her from getting what she wants
- Claire actually grew in this one she still had her teenage moments but she FINALLY had a couple of adult thoughts
-The group as a whole had to depend on each other a lot more which was a nice surprise.
-And the greatest surprise had to deal with Shane (I won’t ruin it) but man was it sweet.
-I REALLY Liked the ending and I can’t wait for book 6

Things I didn’t care for:
-There wasn’t a lot I didn’t care for. I still don’t like a lot of the vampires. And the storyline with the humans rising up against the vamps wasn’t the greatest.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping! It was a library book but I rushed out and bought it.

SCORE: 9 out of 10

Anything Else: This is a series you have to read in order or you will be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄