Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Woman's Guide to Healing Heartbreak of Divorce

TITLE: A Woman’s Guide to Healing Heartbreak of Divorce
AUTHOR: Rose Sweet
COPYRIGHT: 2001
TYPE: Self Help
PAGES; 296
SERIES: nope

REASON FOR READING: I was looking for something to help me with my divorce

Summary : {From Goodreads}
It's not just grief that breaks a woman's heart. After divorce, residual feelings about the man you loved and the life you lost can lurk undetected for years. A Women's Guide to Healing the Heartbreak of Divorce can bring real recovery and genuine joy . . . in a heartbeat!

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This was a great book for those of us going through a divorce or even in my situation a year later trying to pick up the pieces. It is very God centered and Christian in its focus which really helped me to understand some different things in my life and to help me understand why things happened.

Things I enjoyed:
-I enjoyed the letters at the beginning of every chapter. Each one focused on what the chapter would be about and they were from God telling us he understands and will help.
- The chapters flowed in a nice order and were well written. This woman has been through a divorce so she understood where some of the emotions were coming from even when I couldn’t figure it out.
I did enjoy the ending prayer to help get through the day or week however, long you wanted to take to get through he book.


Things I didn’t care for:
-The only thing I didn’t care for were the chapters with children involved. I understand a lot of people that go through a divorce have children but I didn’t and it would have been nice to see a book for single with picking up the pieces without children or women like me who were in a relationship most of their 20s and have no idea how to date.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping it has parts I would like to take a closer look at again.

SCORE: 8 out of 10

Anything Else: This is a very good book that focuses on building your relationship with God and trusting in him to help and heal you after your heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄