Sunday, May 10, 2009

Review ~ Grave Surprise by Charlanie Harris

TITLE: Grave Surprise
AUTHOR: Charlaine Harris
COPYRIGHT: 2006
TYPE: paranormal/fantasy?
PAGES; 295
SERIES: yes
1. Grave Sight


REASON FOR READING: Read the first was curious to see where she would take the series.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
A college class gets more than it bargained for when Harper gives a demonstration of her uncanny talent. Instead of just finding one body in an old grave, she finds two: the original occupant and a recently deceased girl whom Harper had tried, and failed, to find two years previously. To dispel suspicions about her own innocence, Harper and her stepbrother Tolliver undertake their own hunt to find the killer-only to find yet another body in the same grave.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This book was good. I like the way Ms. Harris can write a mystery that leaves me guessing who did it until the very end. I really like that about her and her writing. Not to mention that she can really suck you into the story line no matter if it revolves around Lilly or Sookie and now Harper.

Things I enjoyed:
Again I really enjoyed the mystery aspect. I also like the gift that Harper has being able to find dead bodies and can see how they died. This is an interesting twist in the paranormal world and I have yet to find another that can do it. So it has the unique aspect adding to it. I like Harper’s relationship with her brother and I like learning more about her gifts.

Things I didn’t care for:
The relationship with the step brother is starting to go down a romance turn and even though they are step sibling and even though they were teenagers when their parents met and married it still disturbs me greatly LOL.. no idea why.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Nope I’ve read her before many a times

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping b/c its hard back and cost a lot

Anything Else: You should probably read the first one just to get an idea of Harper’s background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄