Thursday, November 14, 2019

Fanfiction Review ~ Cutting the Braid by PeaceLoveYaoi



Fanfiction Review


Main Pairing: Jungkook (Alpha) and Jimin (Omega) (Jikook)
Author’s Summary: the legends tell us that the fates wove the soul of an Omega into their hair. This is why an Omega’s Hair is sacred and cutting it is the most hallowed and revered act and saved only for life events. Loss of virginity, accepting a mate, or the death of your mate or child.  These acts affect the soul of an Omega. An Omega’s souls is gentler and more fragile than that of Alphas or Betas.

Chapters: 6/6
Word count: 84434

My thoughts:
This story was kind of surprising. I mean it does have Jimin and Jungkook in it as the main story characters and again Jimin is the omega and I won’t say helpless but most omega stories I have read the omegas are gentle, kind and weak. They represent females which I have always found weird but God help it if I can’t help but read these kind of stories. Anywho I digress, Jimin has never ever, ever cut his hair and poof Jungkook magically appears in the tribe to be their new carpenter and wow if he isn’t in love with Jimin (I know this comes across sarcastic but it’s the main pairing so bare with it) Jimin falls in love at first smell and sight with Jungkook and then our story begins. The interesting bits were the letter/journal that Jimin’s mother left him when she past. Jimin has been alone and by himself since 14 and has been the main village seamstress. He reads the journal as a way to connect to his mother and keeps his hair long for the same reason. It is a sweet story of two people/wolves falling in love with each other and keeping it pure. I did love that Jungkook in this story was just as pure and that they were waiting for each other. They followed the rules and they didn’t rush things and for me that was a great ending! I also have to say I enjoyed the ending to see how the 2 of them ended up. Overall this story is cute, soft and full of fluff so I can’t help but say that I enjoyed it. I happen to really like this author and so I was excited to read this one. It also helps that there were only 6 chapters so I was able to read it all in one night.

Extra Thoughts
*** I also read some of their one-shots and I have to say I love this author. Check out Rut Bakery if you are looking for a quick Alpha/Beta/Omega Jikook fun little story that was hella cute. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄