Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reading Challenges...

Oh to do or not to do...

Yep it's that time again... time to sign up for some Reading Challenges... In 2014 I took a small break and only participated in my New Author's Challenge I aimed for 15 and thus far I have managed 17 (once I finish the review of Snow Like Ashes). I also did a personal reading challenge on Good reads. and I am almost done with that one.. only 4 more

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Sarai has read 48 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

So now I have to decide since school is over what I would like to do for 2015... do I continue to work on New Author's Challenge or do I do a TBR shelf that seriously needs some help on cleaning out some of the books that I no longer need in there...

So I think I am going to do the basic Reading Challenge of reading 52 books in 2015 (1 book a week I can surely do this next year with no school)  with a twist I might add in an Out Do Yourself Challenge

2015 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

This one is hosted by The Book Vixen and you can find additional info HERE...
I am going to do getting my heart rate up: 1-5 more books than last year

I am also signing back up for the New Author's Challenge


2015 which is hosted by Literary Escapism and you can find out more HERE. The basic goal is to read new authors and not necessarily modern authors but just authors that are new to you. I am going to shoot for 15 again...

And I for sure need to do a TBR pile challenge so I am signing up for


Hosted by Roof Beam Reader you can find additional information HERE

My 2015 TBR pile list is:
1. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
3. Happy Hour of the Damned by Mark Henry
4. Matters of the blood by Maria Lima
5. Stormwalker by Allyson James
6. Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
7. Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready
8. A Covent Garden Mystery by Ashley Gardner
9. Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
10. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
11. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
12. Birth Marked by Caragh M O'Brien

Alternatives are:
1. Stolen Heat by Elisabeth Naughton
2. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

I also think it would be fun to do the Alphabet Challenge for Titles


It is hosted by: Escape with Dollycas into a Good Book you can find out information HERE but it is pretty easy to figure out
A. Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet (TBR)
B. Birth Marked by Caragh M. O'Brien (TBR)
C. A Covent Garden Mystery by Ashley Gardner (TBR)
D. Dhampir by Barb & JC Hendee (TBR)
E. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (TBR)
F. Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher (TBR)
G. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair (TBR)
H. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K.Jemisin (TBR)
I. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (TBR)
J. John's Story by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B Jenkins (TBR)
K. King's Property by Morgan Howell (TBR)
L. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer (TBR)
M. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (TBR)
N. Norse Code by Greg Van Eekhout (TBR)
O. Out of Body by Stella Cameron (TBR)
P. Plain Kate by Erin Bow (TBR)
Q. Queen's Bastard by C.E. Murphy (TBR) 
R. Rosemary and Rue by Seanan MCGuire (TBR)
S. Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey (TBR)
T. Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas (TBR)
U. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (TBR)
V. Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian (TBR)
W. Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready (TBR)
X.
Y. Your Scandalous Ways by Loretta Chase (TBR)
Z. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (TBR)

Having some issues with X but fear not I am sure there is an ebook out there somewhere that I have bought that starts with an X...

And lastly b/c they all tie into each other I want to do Finishing The Series Challenge 


This is hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews and you can find out more info HERE

I am going to shoot for Level 3 Experienced which means I complete 3 series...

1. Jim Butcher's Dresden Series (1 left)
2. The Grey Wolves Series by Quinn Loftis
3. Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniel's Series

Last one is Let Me Count the Ways Audio Challenge 


This one is hosted by Avanti Ciera and more info can be found HERE.
I am going to shoot for Audio (b/c I have gotten into it this year) I am aiming for Silver which is 76-150 hours... 2 Stephen King books should do that ;)

WHEW that is a lot how about you? Doing any challenges this year? If so which ones? Also do you pick your books before you do the challenges or do you put them down as you?

If you are doing a challenge this next year good luck!! Keep me updated I love to see how everyone is doing!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Finishing the Series challenge! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to it and hoping it will help with catching up on some series so I can purchase the ones missing :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄