Thursday, August 30, 2018

Facebook Meme ~ Day 4


So recently there was a meme on Facebook where the person picks 7 books no explanation no reason just pick a book and spread the love. Instead I thought I would put the 7 books here over the week and explain why I picked them

Day 4


Summary:
A special 25th anniversary edition of the extraordinary international bestseller, including a new Foreword by Paulo Coelho.
Combining magic, mysticism, wisdom and wonder into an inspiring tale of self-discovery, The Alchemist has become a modern classic, selling millions of copies around the world and transforming the lives of countless readers across generations.
Paulo Coelho's masterpiece tells the mystical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure. His quest will lead him to riches far different—and far more satisfying—than he ever imagined. Santiago's journey teaches us about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, of recognizing opportunity and learning to read the omens strewn along life's path, and, most importantly, to follow our dreams.

Reason:
This book actually took me by surprise and I am not sure what I expected when I picked it up but I was not expecting a religious book, life book, and a relatable book wrapped into a neat little package about a shepherd boy. I didn't expect to laugh, cry, or highlight as much as I did in this book and I did not expect to enjoy or relate to this boy as much as I did. The parts about the personal journey for some reason really got to me. Especially those he ran into that gave up on their personal journeys and lost their personal treasures or the hope of finding them along the way. I really connected to this book and really have wanted everyone to read it to gather from it what their own personal journey is and where their own journeys can take them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄