Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites ~ Week 12

My goodness y'all we are week 12 Episode 23 of My Favorite Things. Again I threw in some good times for you this week (Album Review of Beneath The Skin by Of Monsters and Men, and What's Next a meme where you pick what I read next which you can still cast your votes for on the poll it's up to you to decide which book I shall read next, either Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by NK Jemisin, or Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray so go forth and vote)

Anyway enough of that let's get on to the exciting crap of the NERDSPHERE
So I've been racking my brains trying to think of something nerdy to share with you guys all week and I can't think of anything that will last a majorly long time. I mean E3 did happen this week which is majorly cool if you are a gamer and I am, but not a lot of stuff is coming out by the time this airs. So that might be next week. Jurassic World did come out and let's be real that's cool but this lonely nerd had to do a garage sale last weekend so no movie yet. Hopefully that will be this weekend. I have heard nothing but fantastically, wonderful, excitingly good things about it so yes I am going to see it soon I promise.


If it makes you feel any worse for me I also missed Mad Max and still haven't seen Entourage which are 2 other movies I wanted to see plus Ma is bugging the crap out of me to see Age of Ultron so boo we have a lot of catching up to do. This weekend I am going to


Which some of you may or may not know I am a beer nerd (or at least I like to think of myself as one) I love me some craft beer so bouleardia is a very fun time here in KC and I plan to enjoy it. I love craft beer so much I belong to a beer club that monthly has craft beers from all over the globe shipped in and I get to sample them I try to post them on my Instagram when I get them. This month was American IPAs so that was fun. But this weekend is all about our local Boulevard brewery so it will have beer, food and cigars (another weakness) go figure.

Otherwise as far as nerd stuff goes I got nothing other than the Harry Potter Pop Funk dolls or vinyl figures will be coming out here in July but alas I shall save that for yet another day when it gets closer plus we've already established from last week how much of a nerd I am for those and let's be real we don't need to go any further on down that crazy rabbit hole do we?!

Nope let's move on

PROJECT/PERSONAL:



So I thought I would update you on a few of my past projects cause I mean come on it's been like 12 weeks...
First off the 100 day project
I'm going to be honest and tell ya I have no idea what day I'm on due to when I make this podcast and really this has turned more into a scrap book, art book, picture book, journal book kind of thing instead of a letter thing yet it is letters I write when an occasional poem sometimes a list (bucket style or top 5 or something along those lines) and journal about what happened that day like my trip to Atlanta with some pictures to remember. Sometimes it's silly like some pictures of my Babydaddy love like this

thrown in for fun but all in all in it's been a blast to do and I have been discovering some fun things about me. Things I've liked and well to be quite frank somethings that I've needed to remind myself about like STOP DRINKING SODA and OMG stop being so hard on yourself. Remember to take selfies no one cares what you look like if you have confidence, and remember these simple moments because God knows that if you don't it will be these moments that you miss the most when they are gone. It's been a good reminder at the end of the day that this is the times that I am going to miss the most. So yes I recommend it to any and everyone it is a lot of fun!

The Garage sale was an absolute BUST I will never ever ever do another one I swear it on a holy virgin grail of unicorn and puppies My goodness I think we made like 40 dollars all weekend not even enough to cover the cost of food for the lot of us to eat that ran the damn thing. SO UGH. NOPE called the donation center (City Union Mission a homeless shelter in our local area) to come and pick up what was left to sell at their thrift shop and said good bye to the hassle.

I maybe over my toilet paper art projects for now. I think I am just done with the whole craze for the moment.  That I believe was discussed back in Week 1 of my favorite things. Needless to say these were the finally results (see pictures below). And while the end result was pretty, I think I am pretty much over them for now... I think but maybe I will pick it back up in a little while although I don't think ma got the message because every few weeks a new bag of toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls shows up in my room. I am running out of space for them LOL




TV SHOW/MOVIE
Whew I actually started a few new shows (I blame the summer time and it's hawt yo plus Netflix and the library still haven't gotten me season 3 of Death in Paradise either on instant streaming or DVD so I gave up and moved on to bigger and better things and I digress) so I started...


I admit it's the BBC version and not the Swedish version due to some factors 1) because of the whole I speak English thing even though it's not proper English. 2) Tom Hiddleston, 3) It's BBC and was recommended by Netflix due to my liking something or another on Netflix 4) Tom Hiddleston 5) Total crime drama that is BBC written and directed so GREAT ACTING and come on its BBC so you know it's going to be good and finally 6) did I mention Tom Hiddleston and I mean a young, blonde, curly hair Tom... let that sink in for a minute.
I just finished series 1 and man this show is amaze balls my goodness but good golly miss molly it has some deep stuff like hard core crime that just makes you wanna take a shower after watching. So yeah I have to watch it in small doses plus it's like a hour and 30 minutes an episode so I mean come on they're like tiny movies. I wanted to put this in the movie sections and say shove off when y'all complained about it but alas I didn't because I do heart this program a lot and I still have I think 2 more series of it before Netflix curses me again with either not catching up or BBC not catching up or something before I go insane and start craving more of it.

Meanwhile mom and I got hooked on


Which is a Criminal Minds in Europe because we love us some criminal serial killers abroad with accents and let's be honest that's what this is plus Donald Sutherland! And since I hooked Ma into the Hunger Games movies I was all like "and bonus at least he's not sending children to fight and die this time" she looked at me and deadpanned it like, "at least not yet hold on Sara it's still early". I died laughing she's right we are only on episode 3 of the first season LOL. My ma is a clever gal she is :) So those are the 2 new shows we are watching and just started.

On top of those two new shows I am keeping up with the other shows I have been watching for awhile now:


Dr. Who and only the 10th Doctor due to a bet that I made with my sis Court who watched Sherlock in return I promised to watch the 10th doctor... needless to say she got the better deal thus far. Although I did like the episode Blink and Martha the companion is way better then Rose (don't hate she just wasn't my flavor) plus she is growing on me.


Also still working on my re-watch of Heroes which is still pretty amazing! In order to prep for Heroes Reborn.

And I am still keeping up weekly with #PLL the #SummerofAnswers Season 6 of Pretty Little Liars because dang yo shit got real and that show is not playing and hey I'm a sucker I've stuck with it this long I'm dying to see where they are going with it at this point.  Plus by damn it I want to freaking know who the frack is A and it had better make sense or hell hath no fury like me (sort of)


Needless to say with all that TV show watching there hasn't been a lot of Movie watching occurring LOL so no movies this week :(

MUSIC 
So this week I did an Album Review of Beneath The Skin by Of Monsters and Men and I really enjoyed the album and with the review I let you the listeners hear 3 of their songs that I liked. But I wanted to share with you this week one of their previous songs from their 2nd album that I rock out to frequently

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men


Then b/c I think they are similar and yet completely different (I know I know work it out on your own) I picked an Imagine Dragons Song Bleeding Out


And just for fun here's a Sherlock fan vid of the same song but with you know Sherlock, enjoy


And for even more heartache fun here's a Supernatural fan vid of Bleeding out enjoy



*none of these are my own at all if you know who deserves credit let me know so I can give it to them THANKS*

Alright alright I'm done

BOOK
Let me see. I did enjoy The Maze Runner (review to come I promise)
but for my favorite this week I think I am going to go with an easy one...

Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Author: JK Rowling
Summary:
Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.

Thoughts
I mean come on you knew it was coming. Eventually it was going to make it here. I am a Harry Potter nerd to a point. I LOVE ME SOME HP and I love the books, movies, games and well while I won't do the cosplay, except at Halloween (gotta use that graduation robe for something) but I do enjoy it. I love the morals, values and fun times. I like the bleakness, the happiness, the lessons, the jokes, the seriousness, the sadness the laughter, the friendship, I like that it makes me cry and laugh at the same time. I love that I can quote it and when someone is saying something from it I love that I know the reference. I also love that I sort people I'm not sure if anyone else does this but I sort people into houses. Yes I really do and I enjoy taking the quizzes like are you brave POOF you're Griffon or if you're smart Ravenclaw hell not going to lie I even love that I know what the houses are pft what judge me I heart me some HP and I love reading some of the fan fiction although some of ya can get a little cray cray with it not going to lie. Heck I will go full circle with this and give you some Bleeding Out love with a fan vid of Harry Potter (not my video someone else totally made it) 



but I even watch the fan videos if you go to my youtube site I have a whole favorite's category tied to HP and other peoples fan videos I love it that much. Alright I am starting to think that this should have been my nerd topic not my book topic somehow I digressed from the love of the book to the love of all things HP.
So back to the topic at hand (yes I went there to a rap song) the book is great. Yes you need to read in order it is important or you will not understand what is going on. Plus it sets up this wonderful world for you. It's a short first book. It is made to be read by an 11 year old which is genius and makes it fun. You will love it I swear!

ACTOR/ACTRESS
Crap on a cracker I have no idea who to pick... I am thinking we talked about so many wonderful people today... Um my love of HP came out in full force at the end so I am going to stick with Emma Watson she plays the lovely Hermione Granger in the movies plus a butt ton of other wonderful roles. She is an excellent role model and lord help us she is going to be Belle in the upcoming Beauty and the Beast.





She is lovely isn't she I do enjoy her and all the wonderful things she is doing. I hope she continues to be successful in life and the roles she chooses. I figure she will be b/c I am supporting her plus let's be honest she is pretty darn smart and makes some good decisions so more power to her. 

Anyways as always Its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄