Friday, May 1, 2015

My Favorites Things ~ Week 6





We are back! Man I am really loving some Fridays I mean let's be honest I have always loved me some Fridays but I am really digging me some Favorite Fridays and this week is AWESOME! Hence some dancing Chris to start us off right.


If I sound a little tired and this is posted a little late I blame our first topic!

NERD NEWS

As most of you nerds out there know and even those non-nerds know (unless you live under a rock) Avengers Age of Ultron is released today (technically it released last night hence the tired part) cause I got to see it early well not like I'm super cool and saw it at press release early 2 weeks ago release but me and one of the besties went out and saw it at 10:30 PM last night yo so go ahead and send your hate mail to my twitter feed :) I have no idea which trailer teaser this is but it's one of them


Needless to say it rocked and I am fangirling like hard hard core. Later this month I plan to take a road trip to Atlanta with some other hard core fans that are bigger nerds than I (shocking that they exist I know) and will re-watch it with them and I'm sure my mom at some point with want to see it so I will go and watch it with her. In between all that chaos I will actually post a coherent thought provoking review I'm sure. So that folks is your nerd favorite thing of the week. Enjoy and bask in all it's glory.



PROJECT/PERSONAL:
I am in the very, very, very beginning stages of selling my money pit of a house (no I will not be advertising it as such when the time comes) but dang yo there is a crap ton of things a person has to do to sell a house. Not to bore you to tears but I am not nearly an adult enough to handle this kind of pressure and needless to say they did not prepare me for this crap in school. No where did they warn me about credit reports and scores enough. I mean I'm sure they talked about it but they did not tell me why those were so important and why. GOOD GEEZ and then the crap you have to list in case someone buys the money pit and then something goes wrong with it. I mean crap on a cracker its not my fault you bought this dump. UGH

And did I mention the sheer amount of crap that accumulates in your childhood home that your parents occupied for 20+ years HOLY MOLY my lands. Needless to say I am going to do a garage sale at some point in hopes of making some dough to afford new stuff for the new place that I am hoping a pre-approved loan will afford me. *headdesk* Needless to say this is not my favorite Friday topic but I had to get it off my chest in hopes that someone out there listening is going through the same stress and strain as I am so I give you whatever this is below as a way to visually describe what I am doing right now


Anyway moving on to a more fun topic TV SHOWS/MOVIES and MORE

TV SHOWS are still the same working my way through


Can't seem to help myself does make me feel better about things and I look forward to it. Although to be fair if Netflix doesn't sped things up I am going to run out of them soon and have to find something new to watch which isn't going to make me happy.

Movie is

And well I did manage to watch

But let's be honest I really really really just love that movie and quote from it all the bloody time. The last time I did was at the bar. I asked for a pint of lagger Mary and while the bar tender who was serving me stared at me like I was a damn fool the guy bartender behind him said, "right you are my love," and well served me. Needless to say he ended up with way too big of a tip.

Otherwise nothing new to report on the movie front.

MUSIC:
Let's do a song that annoys me yet at the same time I love it to no end Want to Want me by Jason Derulo

Then moving on to Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson because I can't help but dance to this one


Oh go ahead and admit it you danced a little to that one as well! Here's my cup put some liquor in it!

BOOK:

Ironically enough last week I joked with you all about how there was no way I would ever read enough books in a week that I could pick a book from that week to be my favorite. Low and behold I managed to read 3 books this week (well more like finished 3 books this week) none of them sadly would I classify as a favorite but I still find that ironic. However, this week I shall talk to you about the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop. 


The books are in order:
Daughter of the Blood
Heir to the Shadows
Queen of the Darkness

And hands down my all time favorite series (even more than Harry Dresden). Love this series. It is fantasy to its core. It has violence, magic, death, dragons, animals, blood magic, power, and a strong female lead that the whole series relies on. It starts us off with a prophecy about witch coming back to save a kingdom and then we are introduced to a 7 year old girl and boom the story begins. It has a caste system, political alias, female system structures, abuse, and purity all wrapped up in a failing system that rest on a head of a child who has to grow into an adult that must remain innocent enough to rule without hatred in her heart. And it is up to those adults around her to keep her that way. There is something for everyone in this series I mean wow just a great book series in general. I re-read it yearly although I admit I haven't read it yet this year so that might be next on my list. Seriously if you are looking for a good fantasy book with awesome world building then this is the book for you.

ACTOR/ACTRESS
I kind of shot myself in the foot with my favorite actor since my favorite avenger is Chris Evans and of course I picked him as my favorite actor with are whole first week stint and he's my #BabyDaddy and just doesn't know it (no that does not make me a stalker) so I thought this time maybe I should do an actress it's been a minute since I've done one and sticking with our Avengers theme that seems to be the order of the day I decided to go with Scarlett Johansson
           

Here's a little Black Widow action clip for you so you can understand why I love her character so much. It's from Captain America 2 but still a good couple of fight scenes. The girl can hold her own.



Alright ladies and gents thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄