Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Chick Flicks


Chick Flicks what are they? A friend and I had this massive discussion the other day about this and it led to a a debate over a chick flick definition of what it is, who it involves, who it caters to, and who watches it.

That then led to what we thought are the top chick flicks of our time or currently out there. So by my definition of which is:

A movie that is predominately female centered that appeals mainly to women. It can either be romantic in nature, comedy or drama the genre doesn't matter but it has a female lead role and is female driven. 

This led me to pick the following favorite chick flick movies (no particular order) then I realize OMG I have a lot of movies that fit this category so that let me to narrow it down to my top 20 with some honorable mentions

1. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
2. A League of their Own
3. Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
4. Sweet Home Alabama
5. Just Like Heaven
6. Enchanted
7. Devil Wears Prada
8. Bridget Jones Diary
9. 10 Things I Hate About You
10. 13 Going on 30
11. Princess Diaries 1 and 2
12. Never Been Kissed
13. Legally Blonde
14. 16 Candles
15. Hairspray
16. 27 Dresses
17. Romy & Michele's High School Reunion
18. Miss Congeniality
19. Where the Heart Is
20.  Steel Magnolias

Honorable Mentions
First Wives Club
Clueless
Mama Mia
Pitch Perfect
Easy A

So what do you consider a chick flick movie? What is one of your favorites and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄