Thursday, October 23, 2014

Review ~ Bossypants by Tina Fey

Title: Bossypants
Author: Tina Fey
Copyright: 2011
Type: Autobiography
Pages: Audiobook
Series:
NO

Reason for Listening:
I absolutely loved her on SNL and wanted to know more about her. I thought this would be a good way.

Summary: 
Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon—from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.

Thoughts/Opinions:
If you enjoy snark then this is the book for you. She covers everything from her thoughts on Hilary Clinton, Sara Palin, breast feeding, to college and then some as well as 30 Rock. She can be offensive but come on if you realize anything you know anyone who writes for SNL and acted on the show can be offensive in a lot of ways. After all isn't that how they make their money?!

There were a few things that I rolled my eyes on and there were a few moments when I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. SERIOUSLY if you ignore everything else listen to her honeymoon story cause let me tell ya it was freaking funny and I still chuckle over it. 

All that aside it was 5 CD's and a lot of talking (DUH) not a Stephen King amount of talking but still. The audio was paced well and it ebbed and flowed when it needed to. Where there boring moments yes but also exciting ones. Did she dish on anyone no so if you are looking for gossip keep right on looking!

All in all not bad and not my favorite. Glad I gave it a shot though so anyone who is a fan as by now already read it and loved it so I will end it with that. 

Favorite Part: 
Honeymoon story hands down

New Author Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄