Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review ~ Wickedly Charming by Kristine Grayson

TITLE: Wickedly Charming

AUTHOR: Kristine Grayson
COPYRIGHT: 5/1/11
TYPE: fairy tale retake
PAGES: 352
SERIES: no I don’t think so

REASON FOR READING: Sourcebook offered up the ARC and I love me some fairy-tale remakes

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Cinderella's Prince Charming is divorced and at a dead-end in his career, so he opens a bookstore and travels the land ordering books and discovering new authors. Still handsome and still charming, he has given up on women, royalty, and anything that smacks of a future.


Mellie is sick and tired of being called the Evil Stepmother. She did her best by her stepdaughter Snow White, but the girl resented her to no end and made all kinds of false accusations.


Neither of them believes in happily ever after anymore, but both of them believe in happily for the moment...

****You can win a copy of this book (or anybook on the giveaway shelf) simply by leaving a comment with your email account. Lucky winner will be picked next Friday!****

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This is a fairytale retake on the traditional HEA. First off the wicked step-mother is ticked off that we here on Earth think that she is wicked. I mean after all we never got to hear her own story did we? And what about those Prince Charmings we heard all about growing up as a little girl haven’t you ever wondered about their marriages? Did they really get a HEA? I know I was always curious as a child and would ask my mother the HEA questions with a follow up yes I understand they lived that way but how do you know they did?

Needless to say she would tell me to go to sleep. Ms. Grayson however, has decided to answer the above questions in this cute little romantic story. Apparently not every fairy tale creature or story character does live HEA. In fact Prince Charming is divorced who would’ve thought? Not to mention that evil step mother is in fact not so evil. Did we ever wonder if maybe just maybe her ward/child was evil and drove her mad? So I have to say this book managed to hit all the right spots for me.

I loved learning about the fairytale creatures and their not so HEAs I loved learning how the world of Fairy differs from our world and I have to admit that this was a very cute sweet book.

Don’t go into this book expecting much b/c come on people it’s a fairy tale retake but do go into it expecting romance that is realistic, fairy tale characters, and the thought that fairytales don’t always turn out the way we want.

One of my favorite parts is when Charming is explain to the Step mother Mellie that she has to revamp her image like vampires did you know the sparkling ones LOL I howled at that ;)

Are you keeping it or passing it on? While it was cute it’s not going to be a re-read for me so I am giving away my copy to one lucky reader!

Challenges:
Out Do Yourself Challenge
Sourcebook Arc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄