Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Review ~ The Heir by Grace Burrowes

Sorry guys I was sick over the weekend and I am finally back to work which mean access to a computer YAY. So here is that long awaited review!!!

TITLE: The Heir

AUTHOR: Grace Burrowes
COPYRIGHT: 12/7/2010
TYPE: Historical Romance
PAGES: 384
SERIES: yes
From Grace herself: Devlin's story, "The Soldier," will come out in June 2011, Val's story, "The Virtuoso," will come out in October 2011, and we start with their five sisters with, "Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish."


REASON FOR READ: Sourcebook sent me an ARC to review

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
In The Heir, the first in the series, the Earl of Wyndham, weighed down by responsibilities and determined to avoid the rounds of country houses of and matchmaking mamas, decides to summer in London. There he discovers a potentially perfect duchess in his lovely, mysterious housekeeper...

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I really enjoyed reading this book it took me back to the days when I first discovered romance and why I fell in love with this genre. The characters are done in such a way you can't help but fall in love with them. This includes the siblings. Usually when siblings are involved I know there is going to be a series and with this book I can't help but be glad for that (this is usually far from the case.) I have to admit I am very curious about the sisters to learn more about them.
THINGS I LIKED:
well to simplify here's a list of 10 reason I love this book

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I have to admit if there was a flaw in this book at all it was the current Duke. He is constantly meddling in his son's life making Gayle miserable. I absolutely hated that he convinced Gayle's mistress to get with child by another man, thinking that this would convince him to marry her, and claim the other man's baby as his own thinking that he had done this and take responsibility. Thank God Val warned him and let me be honest it really bugged me that a father would do this even though I understood that he wanted Gayle to get marry and have heirs you can't trick or lie to your son to make it happen and expect you won't fight about it.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? This is a keeper for me

Would you recommend this book? Um yeah in fact I think I have recommended it a bit much LOL!

Challenges:
100+ book challenge
Historical Romance
Romance Reading Challenge

Reviewing Next:
Eventually I need to review my HP books and I am thinking I might do that when I review the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄