Monday, August 30, 2010

Review ~ Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs


TITLE: Hunting Ground
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
COPYRIGHT: 2009
TYPE: paranormal romance
PAGES: 286
SERIES:
1. Short Story
2. Cry Wolf
3. Hunting Ground


REASON FOR READ:Read book 1 and loved it saw this in TBR and thought I had to read next.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, the son -and enforcer -of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf opposes Charles and his father is struck down. Charles's reputation makes him the prime suspect, and the penalty for the crime is execution. Now Anna and Charles must combine their talents to hunt down the real killer -or Charles will take the fall.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I still heart Charles and Anna. I love their story and I love reading about their growing relationship. This had yet another plot that I could’ve lived without but b/c of it made them stronger as a couple and helped Anna come into her own.

THINGS I LIKED:- That they are both working hard to get the other to understand, feel comfortable, and love them. They both have issues and they are trying to work them out.
- Anna keeps getting stronger and stronger. She’s not so strong after her horrible ordeal that she can go out and take over the world. But she is working through her fears and refuses to let them rule her any longer.
- Charles loves her and is working as hard as he can to prove to her his love without hurting her. I also like that Charles is worried that he won’t be the person she needs.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I didn’t like the whole bring in other species part but it had a fun little plot twist connected with it.
- I didn’t like the Vampires they seemed pointless and unnecessary


Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping b/c I heart Anna and Charles

Would you recommend this book? Yes but only if you’ve read them all in order. Not a series you can skip around on.

Favorite Quotes:
I can’t recall the particular quote but I love when she is commenting on what color of shirt he “magically” wears never red.

Challenges:100+ Book Challenge
Romance Reading Challenge

Reviewing Next:
One I forgot about:
White Cat by Holly Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄