Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Re-read Review ~ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


TITLE: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
AUTHOR: J K Rowlings
COPYRIGHT: 2001
TYPE: Fantasy/Young Adult Fantasy
PAGES: 435
SERIES: yes

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

REASON FOR RE-READ: No idea other than I felt the need to dive back into this amazing world.

SUMMARY: {From Goodreads}
For most children, summer vacation is something to look forward to. But not for our 13-year-old hero, who's forced to spend his summers with an aunt, uncle, and cousin who detest him. The third book in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series catapults into action when the young wizard "accidentally" causes the Dursleys' dreadful visitor Aunt Marge to inflate like a monstrous balloon and drift up to the ceiling. Fearing punishment from Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon (and from officials at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who strictly forbid students to cast spells in the nonmagic world of Muggles), Harry lunges out into the darkness with his heavy trunk and his owl Hedwig.
As it turns out, Harry isn't punished at all for his errant wizardry. Instead he is mysteriously rescued from his Muggle neighborhood and whisked off in a triple-decker, violently purple bus to spend the remaining weeks of summer in a friendly inn called the Leaky Cauldron. What Harry has to face as he begins his third year at Hogwarts explains why the officials let him off easily. It seems that Sirius Black--an escaped convict from the prison of Azkaban--is on the loose. Not only that, but he's after Harry Potter. But why? And why do the Dementors, the guards hired to protect him, chill Harry's very heart when others are unaffected?

THOUGHTS/OPINION:During my re-read I realized that I devoured these books way to quickly the first time around. I absolute love this series but once I discovered it I torn through the pages like a mad man looking for a fix. Now I am able to sit back and savor each and every page. I am reminded how much the movies (while the first couple still to the basic) are completely different from the books. And honestly the movies just can not give you the fullness or richness of this world. However, that being said without the movies I wouldn't have an idea on how to picture some of the characters.

Things I enjoyed:
Okay so I have to say this is one of my favorites, finally we see the pitfalls of Harry. He is arrogent, pigheaded, and completely irrational when it comes to his parents, he's also has a bit of a temper on him! And that excites me he's no longer poor Harry and I have to honestly say at times I rolled my eyes or yelled at him. I do like that we discover why the Minstery is taking it so easy on him all things considered. I also like that we didn't know where Sirius stood until the end and I have to admit I was happy for Harry's situation. Although I know he would've preferred that Sirius got off. I did enjoy that he didn't get his way completely. I am glad the Dursley's finally got their comeupins as my mom would say. And I have to say while not my favorite it is definately high up there!

Things I didn’t care for:There wasn't much in this one I didn't care for I managed to read it pretty quickly other than a few minor repeats I think this one is spot on.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? I will continue to keep this series who knows in a few years I may go back and re-read them again!
Challenges:
100+ Book
Re-Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄