Sunday, February 21, 2010

Review ~ The Invisible Ring by Anne Bishop


TITLE: The Invisible Ring
AUTHOR: Anne Bishop
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: fantasy
PAGES; 352
SERIES: uh duh

1. Daughter of the Blood
2. Heir to the Shadows
3. Queen of the Darkness
4. The Invisible Ring

REASON FOR READING: A co-worker thought I would like to read it.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
In this engaging story of Jared, a Red-Jeweled Warlord and unwilling pleasure slave, Bishop returns to the world of her Black Jewels trilogy (Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, and Queen of the Darkness). Jared, who has murdered his owner and attempted escape, is recaptured and sold to the mysterious Gray Lady. It soon becomes clear that Jared's new queen is not what she seems to be, and he joins with his fellow slaves--all of whom hide their own secrets--to protect the Gray Lady. During her desperate flight from Dorothea SaDiablo, the Black Widow intent on destroying her and claiming her territory, Jared comes to terms with his own demons and discovers what it means to be truly bonded to a queen.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I am in love with this series, the world that she has created is amazing! I love everything about this series and I really like seeing the characters before the story line actually takes place. This book happens before Daughter of the blood but it took a while for me to figure that out. If you follow this series I do believe you would like this book. However, you do not want to start with just this book read it in order.

Things I enjoyed:
I loved seeing the Sadiest involved before he became connected to Janelle I love watching him grow and protect those he feels deserve it. I loved learning more about the jewels and how they work. Again this series made me laugh and cry and I love how the males and females support and work together. When it goes wrong it goes very wrong but when the males follows the rules and the women do to it is a special relationship.

Things I didn’t care for:
While I love this series I hate how violent it is I realize the violence is needed but the sick twisted minds of those who want to destroy is very evil. VERY EVIL and at times hard to read.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping and want in hardback b/c I will re-read.

1 comment:

  1. There's supposed to be a new book in the series coming out at the beginning of March: Shalador's Lady, the sequel to The Shadow Queen. Btw, there's also Tangled Webs, set after Queen of the Darkness. Don't forget the volume of short stories either, though I've forgotten the title.

    As you can tell, I like this series a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄