Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Review ~ The Shack by Paul Young


TITLE: The Shack
AUTHOR: WM Paul Young
COPYRIGHT: 2007
TYPE: Christian fiction
PAGES; 243
SERIES: no

REASON FOR READING: A co-worker thought I would like to read it.

SUMMARY
: {From goodreads}
Mackenzie Allen Phillips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in this midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change his life forever

THOUGHTS/OPINION:I wasn't sure what to think about this book at first. In fact my first thoughts were to prove this book wrong. To show that this author was making fun of my bliefs and didn't have a clue. Then I thought that this book would just make us a laughing stock to the world. Then I actually read the book and began to realize that I was wrong about everything. This book made me rethink my bleifs, made me proud of them and made me want to grow closer to God.

Things I enjoyed:I liked this books approach. It showed us a horrible thing happening to one man. A thing that coudl happen to any of us and then it showed us how this man delt with it. It was powerful it begged the question of what would I do if God wrote me a note, and how would I respond to it. I would like to think that I would go to meet with God but then I know that I would question the note to death until finally I caved at which time I would faint the first time I meant God. That or drop to my knees. WOW I mean this book brought up so many wonderful questions and helped me change my thoughts about my relationship with God. I now question something, believe others, and seriously long for a closer relationship with my God.

Things I didn’t care for:
There should be things I didn't like in this book but right now coming off fresh from reading it I have to say I don't have one thing in mind. Everything tied in well and brought it all home for me.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Well I don't own it but it has gone on the MUST buy pile. I will for sure be reading this one again!

Reading Challenges:
100+ book challenge 5/100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄