Thursday, June 4, 2009

Review ~ Night's Rose by Annaliese Evans

TITLE: Night’s Rose
AUTHOR: Annaliese Evans
COPYRIGHT: 2009
TYPE: Fairytale Re-take
PAGES; 384
SERIES: 1st in the series
1. Night’s Rose

REASON FOR READING: I love the story of sleeping beauty and had to see what she did with the fairy tale.

Summary : {From Goodreads}
For nearly one hundred years, Rosemarie Edenberg has worked tirelessly to wipe the dreaded ogre tribe from the earth. Now the tribe has gathered in London to work a spell that will destroy the scourge of their kind, the one they call the Briar Rose.


Two magnetic men will unite to aid Rose--her mysterious fey advisor, Ambrose, and the vampire Lord Shenley, an earl of scandalous reputation and even more scandalous appetites. One will save her, one will betray her, and both will challenge her to face the past that haunts her.


Once upon a time, she was ensnared in the mists of enchantment, cursed to sleep one hundred years. But this beauty wasn't awakened with a kiss and has never known happily ever after. But with the help of her handsome allies, Rose may find it yet.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I have always enjoyed the story of sleeping beauty. So when I found out that this was the main fairy tale this book centered around I got really excited and couldn’t wait to read it. It had some really good parts that I enjoyed.

Things I enjoyed:
-I liked that all the characters were fleshed out.
-Watching Rose’s background come out with the legend of sleeping beauty was heartbreaking (b/c of what happened to her) and yet very well played I really enjoyed the twist on the story.
-I liked that Rose was such a strong character. She was able to fight and yet knew that she wasn’t always able to do it alone.

Things I didn’t care for:
- I have to admit I didn’t care for who she picked it seemed to me he tricked her in a way like the other one did (granted the other man in the picture did something horrible that was way worse) still he tricked her.
- I ended up skipping a lot of the battle scenes after awhile they became the same scene

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Passing on it.

Anything Else: If you like fairy tales you will really enjoy this book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄