Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson




TITLE: Annie’s Song
AUTHOR: Catherine Anderson
COPYRIGHT: 1996
TYPE: historical romance
PAGES; 410
SERIES: no

REASON FOR READING: Everyone kept talking about how wonderful this book was so I had to read it!

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
Annie Trimble lives in a solitary world that no one enters or understands. As delicate and beautiful as the tender blossoms of the Oregon spring, she is shunned by a town that misinterprets her affliction. But cruelty cannot destroy the love Annie holds in her heart.

Alex Montgomery is horrified to learn his wild younger brother forced himself on a helpless "idiot girl." Tormented by guilt, Alex agrees to marry her and raise the babe she carries as his own. But he never dreams he will grow to cherish his lovely, mute, misjudged Annie--her childlike innocence, her womanly charms and the wondrous way she views her world. And he becomes determined to break through the wall of silence surrounding her--to heal...and to healed by Annie's sweet song of love.


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This was a fantastic heart warming story. I enjoyed reading about Annie and how she grew under the love of Alex. And I really enjoyed watching Alex grow as a person who came to love Annie for herself.

Things I enjoyed:
Alex and Annie’s story I loved watching Alex grow to understand that she wasn’t stupid or dumb but really she was deaf. Once he realized that it all began to make sense. And his love grew as he understood her world and what it had to be like for her. Their love was so endearing I loved watching it grow and shape to become something wonderful.
I loved that Alex took Annie on even though he didn’t want and of course he had bad intentions at the beginning but the important part is he fought for her and did everything he could to make her life happy.

My favorite part was him explaining that Annie wasn’t going to lay an egg when she had the baby. That was freaking funny as all get out.

Things I didn’t care for:
There wasn’t much I didn’t care for. I didn’t like that Douglas got away clean and easy after what he did to Annie. I really didn’t like her parents but they fit with the story. The only other thing I didn’t care for was Alex pushing Annie to be physical with him. I understand the thought behind it but no one had ever explained to Annie what physical meant and add to it she had been raped so she was really confused and yet he kept pushing.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

SCORE: 8 out of 10

Anything Else: This is an excellent book very heart warming and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄