Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Review ~ Cain and Abel by Michelle Perry


TITLE: Cain and Abel
AUTHOR: Michelle Perry
COPYRIGHT: 2005
TYPE: mystery/suspense
PAGES; 326
SERIES: no

REASON FOR READING: I had read one of her books before and loved it. Just wanted to see what this one was about.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
Brutally battered wife Jessica Ramsey fakes her death and flees to Tennessee to make a new life for herself and her young son. But five years later a chance encounter with his twin brother reveals her new identity. And nobody fools Cole Ramsey twice

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
While the suspense was good and the overall plot was okay it felt as if the suspense was the only thing holding the book together. Would Cole get her or not?

Things I enjoyed:
I did enjoy seeing a woman who had been in an abusive relationship get out of it and survive. And not just one our main character Jessica but Alex and Cole (twins) had a mom in the same type of relationship.
I was glad that Alex wasn’t like his father and the cycle of abuse didn’t continue

Things I didn’t care for:I didn’t like the ending. It was a little off for me like she was maybe going to do another book with these same people involved or something. It just didn’t flow right for me.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? passing

SCORE: 5 out of 10

Anything Else: .This isn’t one of her better books but I still enjoyed it enough to have to know what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄