Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Album Review ~ Playlist Review


So this week I thought I would share with you one of my favorite play list to listen to when working or just puttering around the house. I listen to ITunes music unlimited for $9.99 a month and this is something discovered because of my love of Alabama Shakes (which I will share a review of their album next week)

*favorite song
Songs:
1. Night Train by Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery
2. Walk On the Wild Side
3. Back at the Chicken Shack
*4. Midnight Special
5. Fever by Kenny Burrell & Jimmy Smith
6. Root Down (and Get It)
7. OGD (Road Song) by Wes Montgomery & Jimmy Smith
8. The Organ Grinder's Swing
9. All Day Long
10. Please Send Me
11. High-Heel Sneakers
*12. Jumpin the Blues
13. After Hours
14. When Johnny Comes Marchingn Home
15. Got My Mojo Workin'
*16. Blues In the Night
17. Ol' Man River
18. Muster Greens
19. Hobo Flats
20. The Cat
21. Sonnymoon For Two
22. See See Rider
23. Red Top
24. On the Sunny Side of the Street
25. The Sermon

Total Time: 2 Hours, 59 minutes
Final Thoughts:If you are a jazz lover then this is a highly recommended playlist. Jimmy Smith is one the jazz legend who mixed R&B and jazz together which kept him on the pop charts. Jimmy Smith was known for the use of the organ and keyboards. I have included this playlist because it is a fantastic combination of music, lyrics and rhythm that makes work go smoothly without having to use a lot of brain power to push through. The background of keyboard is fantastic and it introduces the listener other great jazz musicians such as Wes Montgomery and Kenny Burrell. I really enjoy this list and it does help kill 3 hours of my day listening to great jazz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄