Thursday, August 16, 2018

TBR Review ~ Dark Life by Kat Falls

Title Dark Life
Author: Kat Falls
Pages: 304

Summary:
Dive deep into the vivid underwater world of Dark Life!

The oceans rose, swallowing the lowlands. Earthquakes shattered the continents, toppling entire regions into the rising water. Now, humans live packed into stack cities. The only ones with any space of their own are those who live on the ocean floor: the Dark Life.

Ty has spent his whole life living deep undersea. When outlaws attack his homestead, he finds himself in a fight to save the only home he has ever known. Joined by Gemma, a girl from Topside, Ty ventures into the frontier's rough underworld and discovers some dark secrets to Dark Life. Secrets that threaten to destroy everything.


Thoughts
This was a TBR for me it came out in 2011 and I am pretty sure I picked it up that same year. There is something appealing about underwear and living underwater. This book delivers on this and gives more then I could have hoped for. The underwater descriptions alone was worth this book I could almost see what Ty saw and experienced what it would be like to live underwater. It didn't paint it to be an easy life it almost had me convinced that maybe just maybe I wouldn't live underwater. But man the colors and the animals seemed worth it. The houses and how the functioned were amazing and that's not even getting into the storyline which also was pretty cool. I really enjoyed Ty and Gemma and learning there histories and how they learn each other and how to work together. I also really enjoyed the plot which was full of twists but not too many turns if you keep in mind the reading age level for this book grades 6-8 if you are wondering. I have to say that for the age level of the book even as an adult I really had fun with this book and enjoyed every minute of it. So much so I am extremely happy that when I bought this I also bought the second one in the series to continue with Ty and Gemma's storyline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄