Monday, August 13, 2018

Review ~ The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Title: The Alchemist
Author: Paulo Coelho
Pages: 100 (kindle)

Summary:
Combining magic, mysticism, wisdom and wonder into an inspiring tale of self-discovery, The Alchemist has become a modern classic, selling millions of copies around the world and transforming the lives of countless readers across generations.
Paulo Coelho's masterpiece tells the mystical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure. His quest will lead him to riches far different—and far more satisfying—than he ever imagined. Santiago's journey teaches us about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, of recognizing opportunity and learning to read the omens strewn along life's path, and, most importantly, to follow our dreams.

Thoughts:
Man this book took me awhile to get through which is saying something for a 100 page book. Usually I would be able to crank this out in an afternoon instead it took a few weeks. The reason is due to how deep this book is. I was actually forced to think through this book and then I had to apply what I was learning to my own life and then add to that I thought about it after putting the book down. So I ended up reading a part, thinking about it, then setting it down dwelling on it for awhile, then finally picking up the book again and repeating the cycle. I haven't had a book do that for me in a long while. I enjoyed learning about my personal dream/destiny/journey through Santiago the shepherd boy. This book really helped me to realize that listening to my heart and my head, being mindful and living in the moment will get me where I am suppose to be a step closer to my personal treasure then I could ever imagine. It talked about the difficulties that he faced along his journey and how he faced those and the further he went on his journey the more wisdom he gained which helped him to deal with those set back even better the next time another set back happened. I really enjoyed this book and I love when a book makes you think and forces you to apply it's teachings to your life without you really knowing that you are learning. That's what makes this book so special. While I was reading it the whole time I was going "Oh my that is deep, oh my I need that, oh remember that, oh gosh that will help me in life" I love books that do that and you are along for the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄