Friday, September 11, 2015

My Favorite Things ~ Week 19 Episode 33



Welcome back to My Favorite Things Week 19 Episode 33 it's a little late this week and honestly it's 100 % my fault. I have no excuse other than the short week due to Labor Day and being lazy. I wish I could say that I had gone to either Dragon Con or Fan Expo but alas I didn't. It's probably good I didn't cause I was recovering from bronchitis but still a nerd girl at heart here wishes she had gone to either. No I take that back if I had my wish I would have gone to Fan Expo this year simply to satisfy the Harry Potter nerdom and the Killjoys nerdom in my heart.

Speaking of Nerdoms...
I need someone to play board games with... takers? Before you tell me to go to my local comic book shop I am going to need you to understand 2 problems...
1) I live in Wyandotte County that is like: living in the hood (AKA projects) I live on the outskirts but its still not a neighborhood that has a comic book store within a 30 minute driving distance

A great movie to check out to understand my problem would be Friday...
2) Next I don't know how to breach the whole Hello friends I come in peace and would like to play board games with you. I only know how to play Clue and Monopoly do you still want to play... Cause really I am only wanting to play my Firefly versions of the two games listed above...



Although I do think it would be cool to learn Magic and other board games I am not someone who will sit still long enough to learn the rules. Now if you will teach the the Firefly games I am down. Cause those look like fun. So fellow nerds how does one find fellow nerds when one lives in the hood and also how does one join a nerd league of board gaming players when one has no social skills? Or in my case a lot of social skills but apparently is scared shitless of doing this...

PERSONAL
So I am getting ready to shift by getting rid of things... yeah me the master pack rat. Can you friggin believe that? So I totally did a book give away that was literally a give away just shoot me an email, comment or just tell me which book you want and I will give it to you... I still have some for grabs go here more will be going that way keep an eye out or an ear as I did a quick or long podcast announcing it. I also finally did something with all those photos I just smacked them up on the wall by my bed

I am also trying to figure out "does it bring me joy" a new way to clean out clutter from

Before you ask no I have not read the book. But I did watch a short 5 minute video and watch the buzzfeed link over the whole thing and yep I think I am an expert on the whole thing now. Although I am wishing I had never discovered the freaking link. Cause now I find myself asking others "does it bring you joy?" So I am going to end up buying the damn thing for my kindle b/c it won't bring me joy and I will end up throwing the damn book out when I am finish reading it. Sigh it's the life I live and yes #thestruggleisreal yo

how about you do you struggle with clutter, pack rat tendencies? I mean I can't be the only one? I don't want to get rid of something to turn around and want it or have to buy it again. Or worse realize that I gave away the one thing that someone bought me that they are going to ask me where is that so and so thing I got you? UGH... let's move on before I have a flipping panic attack here in my podcast

Also I am moving did I mention that this is what started this whole panic attack isn't it? So I am trying to clean and that takes WAY too much effort. I also like STUFF does anyone else have this problem or is it me? Oh and I am going to the gym so I have this really big problem of well I am going to loose weight eventually and what if I fit into that again mentality? So do I keep it or get rid of it and buy something new (keep in mind people money does not grow in trees even if you plant a dollar bill and yes I did try that and no I was not 5 when I did).

Also my friends keep trying to convince me to write a story on my life would you buy the book? Would it bring you joy?

TV/MOVIES
So I have received some helpful feedback about this section and it was presented that instead of telling you what I am watching this week that I should tell you my favorite episode that I watched after all isn't this my favorite things... fair point to the person who pointed this out.
So this week I have watch SGU (Stargate Universe)


Season 1 and I managed to watch up to episode 6... of those episodes I would have to say my favorite was Light. I did not like people hooking up. I mean come on man how many women can we make the "hot guy" sleep with. I don't like how they kind of forced that relationship. But I did enjoy the whole lottery idea behind the we are going to crash into a star theory. I also like how they are setting up the show for the how much does the Scottish guy know? Also I like seeing how grateful the people were to win the lottery only to discover that maybe it wasn't the better option? The whole episode was handled very well I have to say.

I also managed to pick out some Fall TV shows to watch and start to plan for my DVR which always puts me in a good mood cause I love me some fall TV!
Upcoming shows I plan to watch are:
 coming back and I can't freaking wait to see what they do with dark swan and Camelot yo!

 Never watched the movie so this is brand spanking new for me

The season 2 cliff hanger has me like What the What?!?!

come on it looks so stinking cute!

I loved Heroes until season 3 then I gave up I am doing a re-watch and want to see what they do with the reborn...

This has me worried but I will give it a go cause I'm curious like that and the advertisement has been mint

He's fine it's in Miami and so far the shows in Miami have been dead on for me... Dexter and Burn Notice anyone?

 I am so not a DC girl but this actually looks cute so I think I am going to give it a whirl and say GIRL POWER
And hello I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show so happy it got renewed not it's not a fall show but I just found out it was renewed so had to add it on!

MUSIC
So this week I am going to go with Breathe by Alexi Murdoch (I put the video with the words b/c I think the words are the most important parts of this song)


And b/c you guys know how much I heart me some fan videos this one was done by RonJonMojo Gaming and since I first heard the song on SGU (episode called Water or Air anyway) here's a fanvideo over SGU


The next song is a little more up beat and I like it called Ex's and Oh's by Elle King cause I heart her


Sadly no one has made a fun fanvideo with this one yet although I totally think someone should with Katniss or even a good Originals or Vampire Diaries would be a fun one... hint hint any who moving on

BOOKS
Man so I cleaned out some shelves due to a move that is coming up and I have to say I tried out a new technique called "does it bring me joy or not" and  well it has helped with this section I will say...

This week's book is going to be


TITLE: The Shadow Reader
AUTHOR:  Sandy Williams
RELEASE DATE: 2011
SUMMARY:
There can only be one allegiance.
It’s her time to choose.


Some humans can see the fae. McKenzie Lewis can track them, reading the shadows they leave behind. But some shadows lead to danger. Others lead to lies.

A Houston college student trying to finish her degree, McKenzie has been working for the fae king for years, tracking vicious rebels who would claim the Realm. Her job isn’t her only secret. For just as long, she’s been in love with Kyol, the king’s sword-master—and relationships between humans and fae are forbidden.

But any hope for a normal life is shattered when she’s captured by Aren, the fierce and uncompromising rebel leader. He teaches her the forbidden fae language and tells her dark truths about the Court, all to persuade her to turn against the king. Time is running out, and as the fight starts to claim human lives, McKenzie has no choice but to decide once and for all whom to trust and where she ultimately stands in the face of a cataclysmic civil war.


THOUGHTS:
Do you ever have those little nice surprises? Well this for certain was one of those I actually found myself reaching a point that I didn't want to put it down to go to bed. It was well written, the characters were 3D and I wanted to know more about this world, the Fae world and what this war was all about. There were some twists and turns and deaths I didn't appreciate. Yet I did appreciate them b/c it kept things real. The villain was average and roll your eyes at times when we found out the "real" villain. There is a love triangle in a sorts and yet it was handled in a rare way where even I the true HATER of all LOVE TRIANGLE enjoyed it. I hate love triangles they are the curse of death to me which then translates into I will never read this author again b/c of this triangle kind of thing. And yet this author managed to surprise me in a few areas the triangle being the main surprise. Let's just say even though it has been on my TBR since 2011 it is one I happy I decided to finally read and I will be buying the others in this series. 

THINGS I LIKED
The Characters every single one them was a character I could stand behind and understand (minus the villains. 
McKenzie she was a fighter and not a sap. She had moments where she was weak like not willing to die (I can relate) hoping for someone to save her yet not sitting back and doing nothing. She was willing to risk life and limb for her man Koyle and for the King. She was loyal to a fault and yet strong til the end. I really, really enjoyed watching her grow. 
Strangely I liked the Love Triangle (I know there is a first for everything turns out). It was a nicely done triangle and I appreciated it and the way it was resolved.
The deaths due to war. Believable and yet need and yet a knife in the heart when they occurred which proves to me that I connected in every way to these characters.  

THINGS I DIDN’T LIKE
The bad guys didn't have any depth. The twist on the bad guys didn't really turn out to be all that much of a twist.
It felt at times like there was too much and then suddenly we were done almost a rush but not much of one to worry about. 
Gave this one 4 out of 5 stars

ACTOR/ACTRESS
So this week since we haven't had a female in awhile I thought it would be a cool change of pace to have a actress as my favorite so I picked
HANNAH JOHN-KAMEN
she plays Dutch on Killjoys my new favorite show and is AMAZEBALLS at it you can follow her on IMDB here  and on Twitter at hannahjk1 
 

 





 As always none of these photos belong to me I kept all photo rights to whoever had them claimed if 
they are not properly marked and they do belong to you let me know and I will either take them down 
or give you credit



That's it for me folks this week its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄