Friday, May 8, 2015

My Favorite Things ~ Week 7





Take me out to the Ball Game Take Me out to the Crowd....

Welcome back to week 7 of My favorite things glad you have stuck with me for this long. If it's your first week welcome to the crazy and apparently off tune singing. If it's not your first week thanks for coming back!!

We talk a little bit about being a nerd here at the My Favorite Things and we always start off with our Nerd thing or favorite week section with a nerd item but have never defined what a nerd means. So I thought I would go ahead and make it official!

Nerd: A definition by Sarai ~ something whether it be an item, subject matter, game, movie, genre, fandom or show that a person is PASSIONATE about. 

Hope that helps a little so for our

NERD TOPIC this week I am going to talk a for a moment about my KC ROYALS BABY


Last year in 2014 we did the impossible we went from last place in our division to a wild card seat. Then to everyone's surprise we swept the series and continued to sweep all the way to the World Series. The last time Kansas City had been to the World Series was in 1985. Take a moment to appreciate that 29 freaking years... now we lost last year but that's okay and we in KC were fine with that because our boys made it all the way.


As of right (whenever I record this podcast) we are either ahead by a 1/2 game and in first or tied for first.  So YEAH US!!! Our current catch phrase or # (hashtag for those of us not user friendly) is Forever Royal kind of cheesy b/c most people young enough to use a hash tag are not old enough to understand the significance of why the "old" people were in tears last year at EVER FRIGGIN GAME and yes I was one of those old people watching George Brett tear up at the play off games was enough to make me tear up.

Moving on before I start crying  again


PROJECTS/PERSONAL
Since last week was such a downer with the whole house moving thing and what not I thought hey let's bring it up a notch and do something fun like THE MASON JAR

I crap you not the sheer amount of things you can do with a Mason Jar will blow your mind take a look as I describe the pictures to those of you who are not reading this.












Whew I mean my goodness that is some hard core stuff right there y'all like I can't even phantom how in the world I have gone my whole life without knowing this stuff exist and I didn't know about it. Whew moving on

TV SHOWS/MOVIES
Alright I'm going to be honest no movie watching has occurred I know shocking. I did catch up on an episode or 2 of

Death in Paradise I know nothing new there. BUT I am happy to report that season 4 or at least what i suspect is the first half of season 4 of Switched at Birth 


is now on instant streaming of Netflix which is AWESOME because I missed like the first 3 episodes playing catch up so I am set to watch those before the second half comes on God only knows when b/c they just started filming again. I LOVE me this show. If you haven't watched it GO FORTH AND DO SO. CATCH UP. All of the first 3 seasons are up and 10 episodes of season 4 are now on Netflix and you will not be disappointed. Although season 4 cliffhanger is KILLING ME but alas I won't ruin it for you. 

MUSIC
Since I kind of sort of sucked last week (I plea tiredness everyone) and picked the most played songs I promised something a little different this time. So my first song for this week is: 

Don't Stop by Gin Wigmore ~ Love this artist her voice is unique and rare. I can pick it out from anywhere. Some compare her to Duffy but I think she is more raw then Duffy. 


Next up I picked: Who Will Comfort Me by Melody Gardot 


Two strong lady singers this week hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy listening to them. 

BOOKS

UGH this is like the hardest part for me to do every week and part of me swears that every week I am going to take it out and then I'm like NOOOOOO you can't do that. So here we are again with the favorite book. I think this week I am going to suggest a romance book (EH GASP) yes I am suggesting you go pick up a damn romance novel get over yourselves.


Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson was one of the first romance novels I read. Since the summary doesn't do it justice I am going to attempt to summarize it for you. Annie is a girl who is deaf in a world that thinks she is an idiot (keep in time it is a period romance) a rich man's younger brother rapes her b/c MY GOD I WANT TO KILL HIM thinks he can get away with it b/c she is an idiot. Feeling guilty the older brother Alex agrees to marry the Annie to because she is pregnant and he is horrified his younger brother would do something so shameful to the "idiot girl" (they have no idea she is just deaf not stupid). Anyway during this time Alex learns to communicate with Annie in a unique way. Annie learns to communicate with Alex and slowly during this confusing time and scarring time Annie learns to trust Alex and eventual love him. Alex in return learns that Annie is in fact not dumb but a beautiful, smart, loving and kind woman. He returns her trust with a love of his own. It is a beautifully written story of friendship that turns into love and affection as these two people grow to love and understand each other and I ADORE IT.  So go forth pick it up read a romance novel it won't kill you and see if you enjoy it as much as I do. 

ACTOR/ACTRESS
This time I decided to honor one of my favorite actresses from Switched at birth Vanessa Marano she plays Bay Kennish on the show and is absolutely adorable (yes she is grown so she is probably beautiful not adorable but eh I'm old enough to be her mother so she's cute to me) and her switched at birth sister Daphne Vasquez played by Katie Leclerc and since I am not old enough to be her mom she is beautiful 







And in case anyone cares I still to this day ship

Alright ladies and gents Its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄