Wednesday, May 28, 2014

W... W... W... ~ #11

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
Hosted by: MizB at Should Be Reading

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

• What are you currently reading?
Hellblazer by 

Summary from Goodreads
The very first Hellblazer collection ORIGINAL SINS is available in a new edition that includes John Constantine’s appearances in SWAMP THING. This is the first of a series of new HELLBLAZER editions starring Vertigo’s longest running antihero, John Constantine, England’s chain-smoking, low-rent magus.This first collection is a loosely connected series of tales of John’s early years where Constantine was at his best and at his worst, all at the same time.

Collects HELLBLAZER #1–9; tie-in story from SWAMP THING #76-77


My new graphic novel that I am slowly rewarding myself when I finish chores at home or errands. So far I am on volume 3 out of 9 plus... So far I am loving it but it might take me longer to read then I originally thought LOL




• What did you recently finish reading?

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Summary from Goodreads:
Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden - waves her hand to tame the most violent weather. Now she races against accusations of corruption and murder. Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Because he stole three bottles of Djinn, he is now the most wanted criminal on earth. Can she find him before the bad weather closes in?

I originally read this in 2007 and thought that I still have them on my keeper shelf it might be time to re-read it to make sure that it need to keep it on my keeper shelf with all the "new keepers that I am in LOVE with" so I re-read it. I promise to do a review of it by next week...

I also read...

The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
Summary from Goodreads:
hese are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed. But he is dead now and has been for more than forty years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets. The one who saved me . . . and the one who cursed me.

So starts the diary of Will Henry, orphaned assistant to Dr. Pellinore Warthorpe, a man with a most unusual specialty: monstrumology, the study of monsters. In his time with the doctor, Will has met many a mysterious late-night visitor, and seen things he never imagined were real. But when a grave robber comes calling in the middle of the night with a gruesome find, he brings with him their most deadly case yet.

A gothic tour de force that explores the darkest heart of man and monster and asks the question: When does man become the very thing he hunts?


I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I have to admit that when I first read it I was taken back and didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as it turned out that I did. If you want to read the review you can see it here or wait for it and it will be up on this site Friday...


• What do you think you’ll read next?
I have no idea thinking Skin Game by Jim Butcher LOL b/c hey I just got it in the mail!

Summary from Goodreads:
Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard, is about to have a very bad day….

Because as Winter Knight to the Queen of Air and Darkness, Harry never knows what the scheming Mab might want him to do. Usually, it’s something awful.

He doesn’t know the half of it….

Mab has just traded Harry’s skills to pay off one of her debts. And now he must help a group of supernatural villains—led by one of Harry’s most dreaded and despised enemies, Nicodemus Archleone—to break into the highest-security vault in town so that they can then access the highest-security vault in the Nevernever.

It’s a smash-and-grab job to recover the literal Holy Grail from the vaults of the greatest treasure hoard in the supernatural world—which belongs to the one and only Hades, Lord of the freaking Underworld and generally unpleasant character. Worse, Dresden suspects that there is another game afoot that no one is talking about. And he’s dead certain that Nicodemus has no intention of allowing any of his crew to survive the experience. Especially Harry.

Dresden’s always been tricky, but he’s going to have to up his backstabbing game to survive this mess—assuming his own allies don’t end up killing him before his enemies get the chance…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄