Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review ~ The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

TITLE: The 5th Wave
AUTHOR: Rick Yancey
COPYRIGHT: 2013
TYPE: ebook
PAGES: 457
SERIES:  
Suppose to be but no release or title for book 2

REASON FOR READING: 
I heart me some alien books and well this just had a very interesting premise so I figured why not.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up 

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Okay let me say this books was AWESOME up until the last 5 pages or so. I mean literally had me rooting until the end then I wanted to toss it (which hindsight would be a good reason to buy it in paperback instead of kindle). Cassie was a little annoying at first but with all the flashbacks I finally started to get her and understand her. You might go so far as to say I started to connect and enjoy her. I even connected with Ben AKA Zombie and started to love his growth and development. Because honestly in a YA it's hard to find that and yet both of them started to grow and develop into young adults I could start to admire. Hell I will be honest and admit I loved the love story between Cassie and Evan (there's a secret that is involved with both that I guessed easily and hell you will too.) Yet i enjoyed watching these two come to care for each other in a deeper way then a simple crush. 

I will not spoil the end for you other than to say I FLIPPING HATE LOVE TRIANGLES or the freaking premise of it when there is ABSOLUTELY NO FLIPPING POINT. Seriously and then to make Cassie act like a dumb little crapper after she had grown up so much all over a flipping boy. MY GOD SHOOT ME NOW. 

I am done.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Well hell I loved it until the end but alas I will keep it only to review it if and when the next comes out.

Goodreads grade: I ended up giving it 4 stars b/c I did enjoy it all the way until the end.

Would you recommend this book? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄