Monday, February 24, 2014

Review ~ #PLL Flawless by Sara Shepard

TITLE: Flawless
AUTHOR: Sara Shepard
COPYRIGHT: 2007
TYPE: paperback
PAGES: 330
SERIES:  
2. Flawless
3. Perfect
4. Unbelievable
5. Wicked
6. Killer
7. Heartless
8. Wanted
9. Twisted

REASON FOR READING:
Well I love the show and thought reading the books would help my addiction... it has not

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
In the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, where the sweetest smiles hide the darkest secrets, four pretty little liars--Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna--have been very bad girls. . . .
Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. And Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is literally making her sick. But the most horrible secret of all is something so scandalous it could destroy their perfect little lives.
And someone named "A" is threatening to do just that.
At first they thought A was Alison, their friend who vanished three years ago . . . but then Alison turned up dead. So could A be Melissa, Spencer's ultracompetitive sister? Or Maya, who wants Emily all to herself? What about Toby, the mysterious guy who left town right after Alison went missing?
One thing's for certain: A's got the dirt to bury them all alive, and with every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message A sends, the girls get a little closer to losing it all. 

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Bare with me b/c the show and the books are starting to run together. The difference of course was talked about in the last review so I will attempt to not beat a dead horse. This one is interesting b/c there are a lot more characters in play and MY GOD Melissa is EVIL... holy crap. That being said my gosh I just have no empathy for these girls any of them. I feel sort of bad for Hanna (which I felt bad for her in the very beginning so I assume that I would feel the same way with the books). The plot is the same, the girls are meaner then the show, the world is crueler then the show, and wow they aren't lying when they say the girls have been very bad. We did learn the "Big" secret of what happened that all of them believe would ruin their lives (teenagers I tell ya) any who not as big as I thought. Things did move faster in the book then they do on the show which is weird and yet not. 
SPOILER

Toby is dead like a body dead which I think might not be true but dang y'all if it is that changes the books dramatically!

SPOILER OVER

Any way the book is moving fast enough that I find reading 100 pages and then blinking wondering where the heck my life went. Still good enough to continue though just to see if the spoiler is true or fake based on show I'm going with fake but eh you never know.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Still going to pass on it. Nothing I want to read again. Unlike the show which makes me want to buy all the seasons.

Goodreads grade: I think I gave this one 4 stars due to the fact you still get sucked in even if it is due to watching a train wreck happen.

Would you recommend this book? I'm still debating I love the show but think the books my be too much for some of the younger teenagers that I normally suggest books to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄