Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Review ~ Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe

TITLE: Kiss at Your Own Risk
AUTHOR: Stephanie Rowe
COPYRIGHT: January 4th 2011
TYPE: Paranormal Romance
PAGES: 384
SERIES: I believe this will be the first in a series

REASON FOR READ: Sourcebook offered it as an ARC and it sounded interesting so I said yes.

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):

Trinity Harpswell is a cursed Black Widow-death and mayhem are all part of the job description. If she can manage to go just one more week without accidentally killing someone, she'll break this killer curse and put her Black Widow days behind her. When sexy Blaine Underhill III shows up at her door and asks for her help rescuing his friend from the clutches of Death's evil grandma, Trinity gets pulled into a daring high stakes adventure. As Blaine and Trinity join forces to take down a series of underworld assassins, they may just learn that love is the deadliest game of all.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:

Whew this book was hard to follow. The first few pages alone had 7 names with no descriptions in it. Basically Blaine was captured and handed over to a Black Widow who is angry at all men and wants to tame them. She does this by forcing these “warriors” to do women work like cross-stitching ect. Trinity is a Black Widow who kills those she falls in love with due to a curse. However, if she can manage not to kill anyone for one more week the curse will be over.

THINGS I LIKED:

- I liked the romance I thought the characters were matched up well. She was tough enough to handle him but at the same time not so much so I wanted to strangle her. I also thought equally of him.

- I enjoyed that Blaine was man enough to admit that he actually enjoyed certain things like cross stitching.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:

- You could definitely tell this was going to be a series solely based on how many men we meet right off the bat. I swear in the first 10 pages there were at least 7 if not more people introduced to us. It was confusing and while I understand it was needed for the escape it still mucked things up for me at first.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Passing

Would you recommend this book? Yes if you like a light paranormal read with comedy this is the book for you.



Challenges:
Out Do Yourself Challenge

Reviewing Next:
Hundreds of Years to reform a Rake by Laurie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄